Looking for a Dispenser Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for recommendations for a HDPE dispenser bottle, to dispense additive into my fuel tank. I have found several by doing a goggle search, but the problem is that they all have too short a neck. I need a neck that is at least 3.5" long, because the filler on my Subaru is recesssed.

I have been using a 1 qt Sta-Bil bottle, because it has a 4" neck, but it has the problem of leaks at the fill cap. The threads at the fill cap have poor engagement, and therefore the cap can't be tightened down enough to get a leak proof seal, and this causes a mess when dispensing into the fuel tank. Except for the leak problem, this bottle is ideal.

So in summary I am looking for a HDPE dispensing bottle with the following attributes:

3.5" or longer neck
1/4 oz graduations, and can dispense at least 1oz total per pour
Total volume of 1/2 to 1 quart

TIA for your ideas!

In the meantime, I will also try to find a tighter fitting cap for the Sta-Bil bottle.

Johnny, thanks for the link. Looks like Conklin has a business model similar to Amsoil. Were you able to order directly from the website (after registering), or did you have to order from one of Conklin's "20,000 independent business owners"?

I just hit the order button, filled out my billing and shipping information, listed my credit card number and hit submit. Four or five days later the bottle arrived from their home office. I've never talked to one of their reps and don't plan on talking to one of them.

Last edited:
I've always wondered if those bottles work by being squeezed or if you tilt it over until it fills the smaller spot.

Gotcha. I wonder what I could buy cheap around here that comes in a bottle like that. Fuel stabilizer?

I believe Stabil has that type of bottle. Not sure they make one that large. The bottle in the link is 16 oz. Stabil also does not have the screw on spout.

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
Gotcha. I wonder what I could buy cheap around here that comes in a bottle like that. Fuel stabilizer?

The bottle from Conklin is only $3.85. A similar bottle, but without the spout, is available at usplastic.

I use these for FP-Plus .. doesn't have a short neck though ... I was using the stabil bottles prior to these .. the US Plastics site has some other options that you may like ...

66098p.jpg

HDPE Dispensing Bottles

Dispensers

Prop R Measure

smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny
I just hit the order button, filled out my billing and shipping information, listed my credit card number and hit submit. Four or five days later the bottle arrived from their home office. I've never talked to one of their reps and don't plan on talking to one of them.

I placed an order today, and it was a bit of a convoluted process to actually get to an onscreen shopping cart. I had to first do a search for a local dealer, and only after that step was I actually able to place an online order.

So I found a bottle like this but its CD2 lead substitute. Rather than buy it and dump the stuff, what are your thoughts on running it in the tank?

I reuse old 2 cycle oil disp. bottles and a funnel. If you also have any 2 cycle engines pick up an Echo (syn blend) in the disp. bottle at Home Depot or ST (dino) 2 cycle at Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back