Neutra 131 effect on Schaeffer Moly coat (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Schaeffer 9000 5w30 in my Sienna. I'm using Neutra 131 during the last 1-2k or so of this OCI in hopes of reducing consumption that has plagued this vehicle (previous Neutra runs have apparently not had much impact - though at first I thought they had). I'm just curious if Neutra 131 strips off the moly coating that Schaeffers uses?

Mid-summer I plan to convert over to Schaeffer 15w40 or 5w40 in hopes of helping with the consumption (apparently due to stuck oil ring(s)).

Thanks for any info!

was under the impression that some portion at least of the neutra package was part of schaeffers oils.

Depends on the competitive adsorption, I guess. Not sure if the moly variety or one of the compounds in neutra will more strongly adsorb to a metallic surface.

Interesting if someone chimes in with the answer.

JMH

It should not have any significant impact. Neutra is not part of our oil packages. It is primarily a fuel stabilizer that doubles as an engine purge. Very versitile.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Some on the board have had real good luck using Auto R/X

LOL

Thanks for the input from Salesrep and from the A-rx advocates!

I'm actually not sure where my consumption now stands - I was topping it off and trying to keep mental notes on where things stood and then confused myself. I thought it had improved by about 1/2 since before my last Neutra run, but then recently I had some noticeable consumption in just a few hundred miles - though this could have been some dilution burn off after a long hiway trip (car otherwise sees daily short trips). Either way I still have a consumption issue.

I am thoroughly versed in the track record of A-rx, but I've also been told by (among others) a Toyota master tech that Neutra is an excellent slow engine purge. But that master tech also told me I'd probably need to move to a 40wt oil to further help things (engine has close to 150k) - and instead I dropped in the 9000 5w30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back