mouse works only on 1 usb port !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was working on all 3 usb ports, and last night the optical mouse stopped working on all 3 ports. got message the a usb devise has malfuctioned,etc so i thought the mouse is simply broken...
now this am, mouse suddenly works with 1 usb port, but not with the other 2...how can i fix this?
these other 2 usb ports do work with other usb devices, like flash drive, printer etc. just not with mouse....

mouse: simple logitech mouse (optical) per USB
win xp pro
laptop: Lenovo ThinPad R60

Last edited:
Is it only the mouse that doesn't work on these ports or do any other USB devices non-functional when connected to them?

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
Is it only the mouse that doesn't work on these ports or do any other USB devices non-functional when connected to them?

i stated that info in the original post

I've got something similar to this on my computer. My Dell DJ didn't work in one of the 3 slots, but all other devices work fine in it. But then again that was just one time, it may be fine now, I haven't tried in a while.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Originally Posted By: CivicFan

i stated that info in the original post

It indeed is there.

You gotta make your posts a little more reader friendly. Maybe using capital letters at the beginning of a sentence and separating the paragraphs will help the readability.

Originally Posted By: Buffman
are these USB ports on the front of the Computer?? IE not integrated into the Mobo?

one on the left of the laptop, two on the right side.
the only one that works with the mouse now is the one on the left...

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Does any other peripheral work in the USB ports where the mouse will not? ...say an external drive or the keyboard?

Does anyone read the previous posts before responding?

I guess I assumed that you had already done this, but I guess I shouldn't have assumed.

Hehe...I know, man.
I don't know why in the world I didn't just do it right away...
I've been extremely sleep deprived in the last 2 weeks, and my brain is very slow...(exams, exams, exams...)

Good to hear you have it working again!

I've run into computers where the USB mouse refused to work when the USB keyboard was plugged into the same vertical USB port array. One of them had to be moved to the adjacent USB stack or to the front of the PC.

Just to keep in mind, I ran into a situation where one of the 4 metal pins inside the USB port were bent & pressed down onto the usb frame which shorted the port out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back