Delvac 1 Sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him
my word - Delvac 1 5w-40 at $20 per litre? Well I never.....

I have been using this product in a variety of engine families (Japanese, Euro, NA - petrol & diesel) for about a decade or more now - my last purchase of 20 litres was $207 which of course is $10.35 per litre!

This is about what I paid for M1 0w-40 in 5 litre containers at the same time

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary

my last purchase of 20 litres was $207 which of course is $10.35 per litre!

This is about what I paid for M1 0w-40 in 5 litre containers at the same time

Bought 20 litres two weeks ago, paid about the same
wink.gif

Hi,
oilyriser - If only we could!!!!

Lubricant prices in the US truely amaze me - they must be the cheapest Worldwide

This of course brings the Euro OCIs into true perspective I expect

Hi,
oilyriser - We have a Free Trade Agreement with the USA - sadly the tariffs on "oil" extend across all borders. We are probably paying a fair price for fuel here at the moment @ around $A1.35 per liter (around 4.5ltrs per Imp gallon)

Some countries still pay less than cost price for petroleum products

We export LPG, CNG etc to China and import some petroleum products. Many believe we could be self sufficient - I'm but one

Last edited:
Canadians are paying more than 40% higher prices for Mobil 1 products, yet there is no tariff on imported oil products from the USA. You'd think lubes would be subsidized here, with all the bending over and taking it up the rear that we are forced to endure.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
Canadians are paying more than 40% higher prices for Mobil 1 products, yet there is no tariff on imported oil products from the USA. You'd think lubes would be subsidized here, with all the bending over and taking it up the rear that we are forced to endure.
It is the American way!!

Hi,
oilyriser - We have a Free Trade Agreement with the USA - sadly the tariffs on "oil" extend across all borders. We are probably paying a fair price for fuel here at the moment @ around $A1.35 per liter (around 4.5ltrs per Imp gallon)

Some countries still pay less than cost price for petroleum products

We export LPG, CNG etc to China and import some petroleum products. Many believe we could be self sufficient - I'm but one

It may just be me, but whose pocket is being lined with cash ,is who decides who benefits from trade policies.

+2 here Doug.

We dig up a lot of oil, and export nearly all of it...then import about the same amount of lesser grade stuff to turn into domestic product...makes it look like we are dependent.

Companies make profits on the comparative quality of the two products.

Remember when petrol hit $1/l, and Peter Costallo made the statement that every cent the Oz$ dropped against the greenback was 1c/l at the pump, and that every US$/bbl that oil rose was 1c/l at the pump...and the Oz$ was 45cUS, and Oil was $45US/bbl ?

Now oil is $100, the dollar is 92 cents, and petrol should be, according to our greatest treasurer's math...$1.08.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back