I'm not crazy but NJ gas makes my car better

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if it's physiological or the butt dyno.

Back in the days, when NJ was still MTBE gas and NYC was all 15% ethanol, there was a clear distinction of how the car behaved between the 2 types of gas..... I loved getting fillup across the pond.

I thought NJ was now a 15% ethanol state as well but this last fill up has got the car feeling like it's got MTBE gas in it...

Was there a sticker there on the pump telling you the ethanol percentage? One of my favorite stations started mixing in ethanol and I often wonder if they miss my business.

I gas in Jefferson NJ almost every week and its 10% Eth. as far as I know it 10% or E85 I haven't seen anything vary from that in about 10 states that I've traveled in last 2 yrs.

Dyoel-
Very different out here than out west(Im a NM native). It is pretty much up and down the eastern seaboard that you will see 10% ethanol required, whereas out west, it is only in very large metro areas, or voluntary.

Oops. Typo on the percentage. I googled and can't find the mix map.....but any NJ on the board. Isn't NJ all ethanol these days as well.

I swear though.....this tank feels like good 'ole MTBE

correct NJ is 10% etoh- Youv'e got to get down to Virginia before you start getting the real gas again. Filled the vette up last week with Sunoco 93-pump said 'up to 10% ethanol'

Originally Posted By: NYSteve
Dyoel-
Very different out here than out west(Im a NM native). It is pretty much up and down the eastern seaboard that you will see 10% ethanol required, whereas out west, it is only in very large metro areas, or voluntary.

By this summer Oregon has a E10 mandate for all gas no matter where.

Originally Posted By: steve20
correct NJ is 10% etoh- Youv'e got to get down to Virginia before you start getting the real gas again. Filled the vette up last week with Sunoco 93-pump said 'up to 10% ethanol'

All Sunoco gas has ethanol in it, no matter the state.

Dyoel-

First they're gonna add ethanol to our gas and next they'll replace our 93 octane with 91 I just know it!

I don't much pay attention to the ethanol, but gas in NJ is .12 to .20 cheaper per gal than PA. I live on the border, lots of people drive across the free bridge to fill up (if you had to go on the toll bridge, it wouldn't be worth it, now would it?)

crossing NJ from NYC is not too bad taking the tunnels.

get this....crossing from Brooklyn to Staten Island...I think we're up to $10 to cross that damm bridge .

Yeah, same thing happened in Buffalo, NY.

We used to have 93 octane on every pump, now most of them are 91 octane.

My car now uses 87, so thats not the issue. But we have [censored] winter gas 6 months out of the year, which causes a noticable dive in MPG in every vehicle I own, and year round we have 10% ethanol on every pump.

My car gets its best gas mileage when I am out of state.

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
Dyoel-

First they're gonna add ethanol to our gas and next they'll replace our 93 octane with 91 I just know it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back