PCLinux 2008 is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=42750.0

Screenshot1.png

The main download page is: http://www.linuxgator.org/download.html

Ubuntu 8.04 will soon be released and is the most popular distribution of Linux and offers the most support of any distribution. It's based on the Debian distribution.

Link To Ubuntu

I run Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna which is yet another distribution of Ubuntu with some bells and whistles added.

Link To Linux Mint

I too have ran PCLinux in the past and it is a very popular distribution too.

I like Ubuntu but it seems slower than Fedora. Anyone else notice this or is it just my imagination?

Which distribution of Ubuntu are you running.

I have found that running the Gnome version works well for me.

I have shut off unnecessary eye candy.

Did you install drivers for your video card?

I was using the Gnome version, Kbuntu is the KDE version. I had trouble loading the video card drivers, so I got frustrated and gave up on it. Maybe if I would have loaded them, it would have been faster. I used the default configurations, so maybe Fedora comes with less eye candy defaulted on.

Originally Posted By: tmorris1
I was using the Gnome version, Kbuntu is the KDE version. I had trouble loading the video card drivers, so I got frustrated and gave up on it. Maybe if I would have loaded them, it would have been faster. I used the default configurations, so maybe Fedora comes with less eye candy defaulted on.

Ubuntu & Debian Linux users that have an ATI or Nvidia graphics card can install the needed driver by Using Envy. See the following web site:

Link To Web Site

I am not aware of what the new version of Ubuntu coming out in a few days offers as far as video support?

The current distribution of Linux Mint comes with Envy but it must be updated to the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back