Best source for pure degummed Castor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys probably know this better that I do....where is a good source of pure degummed Castor oil? I'm not talking about a formulated 2 stroke oil that containes castor oil, I'm talking about the pure product. Searching the net points to AA Bakers from Sig manufacturing.

Why, are you plugged up.
grin2.gif

Blendzall been around the longest, VP Racing Fuel RC3 is another one. (the RC gives hint of the targeted market, radio control).

WHY, for heaven's sake, would you want to use it?
It gums up the inerds something awful.
Complete teardown is only way to clean it out.
A good synthetic will work better under any circumstances
I can imagine.
If you just want the 'smell', get a 4 oz. bottle from a larger drug store and add a tablespoon to the gas.
It will settle out overhight though.BTDT

See the site http://www.elfmoto.us

They have a synthetic 4 stroke oil with the fragrance of Castor oil called Nitron Red with ricin. Also available as a semi synthetic called Nitron blue.

Could be an interesting VOA?

Originally Posted By: DB_Cooper

They have a synthetic 4 stroke oil with the fragrance of Castor oil called Nitron Red with ricin. Also available as a semi synthetic called Nitron blue.

With ricin? huh? Ricin is water soluble and not in castor oil. I didn't see and Nitron products at that site.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
WHY, for heaven's sake, would you want to use it?
It gums up the inerds something awful.
Complete teardown is only way to clean it out.
A good synthetic will work better under any circumstances
I can imagine.
If you just want the 'smell', get a 4 oz. bottle from a larger drug store and add a tablespoon to the gas.
It will settle out overhight though.BTDT

Not necessarily true. I'm making my own brew.

If you go to the product finder and enter Nitron you get the link to the products.

Last edited:
I used your link and got:

Quote:
Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
LubAdmin.WebForm3.strarray(String strcomplete) in I:\mydata\Projects\Lubadmin\Result.aspx.vb:565
LubAdmin.WebForm3.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in I:\mydata\Projects\Lubadmin\Result.aspx.vb:106
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

Yes, the link did not work. Try the product finder and enter the work nitron. You will see the products.

I,m not sure why they would add ricin, a very toxic poison, a by product of refining castor beans and not have any bean oil. Interesting.

I had Power Mist Racing Fuels make me my own engine oil that was fortified with castor. That would be where I would go.

http://www.powermist.com or 973-383-1061

You'll want to talk to Rick. Tell him Super Dave sent you his way. Either way, be prepared to talk for several minutes with Rick, as he'll have a lot of ideas and knowledge.

Careful where you search Pablo or the home boy security dept might come sweep you away to Cuba? Some real nasty stuff can be made from castor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back