GC on sale at autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the part number for GC. i went to my autozone and was told that they had never seen it before, and wouldnt look it up for me. so either i go in with a SKU or part number or try to see if the oil supplier for my work can get it.

I'd have to go back and look. Just ask them for Castrol Syntec 0w-30 and see if it says "Made in Germany" on the back. Most people do not know it as German Castrol. It's just a term used by those in the know.

This is worse than last month, because it was a mobil 1 filter for a $1 more.

I asked for Filter substitutions and no go.

Better yet, don't ask the idiot employees at AutoZone and just look at every Syntec bottle on the shelf to see if it is GC.

It is still available cause I was at AutoZone 3 days ago to redeem the $20 credit on my 'Rewards' card and I saw GC.

Yeah I saw it today so it should be there. Just go grab the 0w-30 Castrol and see if it says Made in Germany on the back.

I think it's still a deal regardless of the filter. If you didn't want the fram then what would you want?

Originally Posted By: cosynthetics
if you didn't want the fram then what would you want?
Anything but a Fram!

they didnt have any on the shelf and there wasnt a spot for it on the shelf. there was a language problem too, as his english wasnt the greatest and my spanish isnt the greatest.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
they didnt have any on the shelf and there wasnt a spot for it on the shelf. there was a language problem too, as his english wasnt the greatest and my spanish isnt the greatest.

How much do you want? I'll ship it to you. : )

Originally Posted By: morepower
Anything but a Fram!

Gotcha. Sounded like maybe you weren't happy with the M1 either. You have any lawn equipment you could get a filter for?

Originally Posted By: morepower
Anything but a Fram!

Gotcha. Sounded like maybe you weren't happy with the M1 either. You have any lawn equipment you could get a filter for?
Well no I have no use for it. On the M1 filter last month, I went back and forth on whether to get it or not, would have used it, M1 is a good filter. But I have over a year and a half of GC Green and gold in my stash.

By the time I decided to go for it it was over. Just as well.

If you have that much then I can see why you would pass on the deal. Oil is still going up in price though. Better get it while you can : )

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
whats the part number for GC. i went to my autozone and was told that they had never seen it before, and wouldnt look it up for me. so either i go in with a SKU or part number or try to see if the oil supplier for my work can get it.

SKU is 340533 and Castrol # is 79191 06068

I recently stocked up bigtime on GC; hedging against the inevitable price increases but also in case AZ stops carrying it

I've always been a bit of a hoarder, but I must admit that my stash has grown bigger since I joined BITOG
11.gif

most of what I bought is M08 and I figure a 5 year shelf life stored in my basement...

I got some as well, but my car has a cartridge filter that costs 10 bucks from FRAM. AZ won't split the cost difference either, so they make me pay ~27 for 5 quarts of GC + 10ish for the filter = 37ish, which stinks.

I mean, I guess I could buy 5 quarts for 27 and get some random filter, but then I've gotta go somewhere and buy a 5-7 filter, so my cost ends up being 32-34.

I don't see how a FRAM cartridge filter can possibly be 10 bucks, whereas a metal canister filter can be

I've got enough for a years worth of oil changes. I don't think I'm going to pick up anymore until I run 2 runs with GC and see how it feels in the engine.

Last edited:
just got 5 plus the tough gaurd filter for 24.99 plus tax. I have 2 other cars and got the filter for them. I plan to run this in my 2002 MINI Cooper S and see how it does with this. My MINI needs the BMW LL01 or 98 or ACEA-A3 spec'd oils, which GC is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back