Fuel system cleaner triggering o2 sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Regane for the first time on my 04 accord v6 w/ 20k miles, and the check engine light came on. I got it scand at autozone and it was the o2 sensor..It turned off on my way home and hasn't come back on yet...coincedence?? or did it freak out the sensor?

Last edited:
I had chemtool mess up a 02 sensor a few months ago...Cleared DTC and it came back...I only use Amsoil Power Form to clean intake and works 100X better.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44

Do an Italian tune-up and forget it.

Forgive my ignorance, what is an Italian tune-up?
Is it comparable to a Jewish rebuild?
Sorry, I lost my politically correct hat today

An Italian tune-up:
A hour at 75-80 miles per hour should do it.

Gets engine good and hot, and helps clear out carbon in engine and some contaminations in/on O2 sensor(s).

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
An Italian tune-up:
A hour at 75-80 miles per hour should do it.

Gets engine good and hot, and helps clear out carbon in engine and some contaminations in/on O2 sensor(s).

Its more about beating on the car (once warmed up of course) to blow the deposits out rather than just driving it. The idea is that they're harder on cars than we are and it doesnt hurt anything.

Thanks
20 years in the trade and still haven't "heard them all"

Combine that with some "tune up in a can" and I'm good to go!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Intake cleaning on the CRV killed my OXY.

Do you know what product(s) were used?

drive it like you stole it is the term, not Italian tune up lol.

JAm the gas pedel down and take the revs as high as your motor will go (in a a safe manner, red line it but take it up close)

If you have a honda, driving in the vtec range is a good way to clean the [censored]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back