M1 0W40...GM 6.0L....24,000 miles OMG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
18.gif

LOL.gif

I'd like to see the oil filter cut open. I don't think Amsoil is the way to go. The cooling system needs to be pressure tested. Then any leaks need to be fixed. I needs short oil changes till then. None of this will happen with a clown like this guy. He'll have to replace the engine. Then he'll post online about what a piece of junk GM trucks are.

Originally Posted By: pajim17057
I'd like to see the oil filter cut open. I don't think Amsoil is the way to go. The cooling system needs to be pressure tested. Then any leaks need to be fixed. I needs short oil changes till then. None of this will happen with a clown like this guy. He'll have to replace the engine. Then he'll post online about what a piece of junk GM trucks are.

They are on the verge of repo'ing the truck,found that out over wings & beer thursday. I'm not lifting another finger for this rig.. I was hoping to pass along some useful long term numbers but...
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
......... I'm not sure if GM would honor the warranty on this vehicle even if you took it in for warranty repair. .........

I think Warranty is only up to 36,000 miles, not 80,000

Originally Posted By: REDDOG

How many miles ago do you suppose the Super Tech oil filter went into permanent bypass?

REDDOG

The oil filter for the GM trucks don't have a bypass. The bypass is in the block, and I bet it's stuck in permanent bypass from sludge.

Originally Posted By: chet2
now this is my type of dude...2 quarts low on a big engine and 3 oil changes...totally indifferent..and yet if he had sprung for 8 xtra oil changes for 200$, engine would probably be fine...cant be bothered...or even add oil...i bet there wouldve been less damage if he had maintained the oil level

And just think, he's a HVAC service person. What do you think his work looks like? It's called job security. Do [censored] work so you get called back. Must be a union man.

Originally Posted By: Bambam

They are on the verge of repo'ing the truck,found that out over wings & beer thursday. I'm not lifting another finger for this rig.. I was hoping to pass along some useful long term numbers but...
smirk2.gif

LOL.gif

You should give the finance company a copy of the oil analysis. But they wont care. They will just sell it to some poor sucker.

smirk2.gif

Shoot, and I was just going to say I would provide the SSO and filter for this experiment.

I looked at an old UOA of a 1990 Taurus with 24K+ on the Amsoil ASL and its better than this one.

Iron = 123
Lead = 96
Copper = 20
Aluminum = 12
Silicon 31
TBN = 3
Visc100 = 15.74

This engine had an Amsoil SDF34 filter at 74K and 92K and changed at 99K.

I doubt the oil was low to any great extent in this Taurus.

So what to conclude?

Amsoil ASL better than Mobil 1?

Filter changes are needed?

I don't beat my vehicles?

Originally Posted By: o2man98

smirk2.gif

Shoot, and I was just going to say I would provide the SSO and filter for this experiment.

With an unknown future and any problem with the engine not going to be fixed,why waste good money on an oil and filter for skewed results.. I may try the SSO in my daughters Aveo,at least I know it'll be looked after.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back