Are all Gumout cleaners basically the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the product line of fuel injector cleaners on Gumout's website. I can't help but wonder if they're all the same thing or almost the same, with just a different label. I mean how many different versions of injector cleaner could one company have?

They have fuel injector concentrate (although you still put the entire bottle to one tank right), fuel injector cleaner for high mileage, cleaner for large vehicles, complete fuel system for high mileage, concentrated fuel sytem cleaner, winter fuel injection cleaner, complete system cleaner for large vehicles, they even have fuel injection/carb cleaner... There's even more choices but I got tired of typing...

When I want to clean the injectors I just want the strongest stuff available, not generic stoddard solvents. The ad they use to describe each product is written at the 4th grade level, basically telling you that dirty fuel injectors are bad
frown.gif
. They don't describe the product itself, or compare it to other products by giving % strength or anything. All they say is generic statements like "...a dirty fuel system can reduce performance..." bla bla bla- we know this, that's why we're buying an injector cleaner!

Is there a website that compares these products side by side to tell us which one's the real deal?

Thanks

Only Gumout Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner and Gumout Large Vehicle Fuel System Cleaner are real deal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kitto
Only Gumout Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner and Gumout Large Vehicle Fuel System Cleaner are real deal.

X2

Originally Posted By: Johnny

Have you seen the line up of STP fuel additives?

Indeed...very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back