Amsoil Octane boost question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a case of Amsoil series 2000 octane boost. Here's my question, are there any advantages in using this in a daily driven car? What are some of the negatives? The cars it will go into are 1)1997 Infiniti Q45, 2)2004 Mercury. Both are city driven.

If you need more octane than you are getting from the gas you can buy ,yes.If you do not need more octane than you are getting from the gas you can buy , no.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you've got a high performance car that isn't satisfied with pump gas. Something a tuner may need to use. I seriously doubt that you can get much value out of it in a stock engine. If you're getting knocking with pump gas, then I'd suggest Amsoil PI to clean out the combustion chambers and help any clogged injectors that may be creating lean conditions in some cylinders.

Originally Posted By: Da Game
I just got a case of Amsoil series 2000 octane boost. Here's my question, are there any advantages in using this in a daily driven car? What are some of the negatives? The cars it will go into are 1)1997 Infiniti Q45, 2)2004 Mercury. Both are city driven.

Do either of those cars call for premium octane gas?

Tried the Octane Booster in my Saab. Did not notice any great difference once way or the other. Dollar-wise, I could get the higher octane at the pump cheaper than using the Octane Booster in 87.
Have a few guys who buy it regularly--they must have a reason.

There is no octane booster that can compete with just using a higher grade at the pump.

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
There is no octane booster that can compete with just using a higher grade at the pump.

I've read quite a few different studies that all showed what happens when you put in octane booster that claims to give you 3-4 "points" increase in octane. Yeah, you go from 87 octane to 87.4 octane, and theres your 4 points...lol They proved it all out too, showing that you would have to add several quarts or even gallons to the gas tank in order to gain real points in octane. But the downside is that the fuel is weaker because it's been diluted, and the BTU's have been lowered by having less actual "Fuel".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back