2-cycle oil as diesel fuel add

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure this has been talked about here, but cannot find with search. I know that 2-cycle oil has better lube properties than PS Diesel Kleen, but I have been hearing that it is not good to use in diesel engines due to different flash points and residue. Does anyone know if this is true or is it just someone's opinion? I like the Power Service additive, but it has 100 more points of wear than 2-cycle oil. Anyone?

I used the 2 cycle but IMPO I got worse gas mileage than with the DK, I did however think the motor was significantly quieter during operation.

I am in the process of cleaning out tank with two tanks of regular fuel and then going back to DK for a quickie mileage check.

I used the 2 cycle oil in my diesel. It is intended to increase lubricity not mileage per gallon. The lubricity, hopefully, help with the life of injector. Also due to the fact that the new ULSD fuel have less Sulfur which is known to be the lubricant in diesel fuel.

The best one according to study is Biodiesel but it is rather scarce right now. But I think it will see more since the price of fuel have skyrocket.

Of course, I don't have an expensive Dmax like you all have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back