The Gas Secret (additive) Ethos FR

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thegassecret.com

Anyone try this? Looks similar to FP in the dosing, but they claim some big things with it. I'd like to try it since I keep close tabs on my fuel economy, but I'm skeptical :) I did read the whole page, and while most of it is advertisement bunk, I'm at least interested. Anyone use this stuff?

I tried it, did no good at all. After I bought it, I saw an ad claiming it fixed someone's rear main seal oil leak. Uh, yeah, right.

John

sounds good to me. why not u be the guinea test pig for bitog approval system?
it take alot of work and money to get epa logo on the bottle.

It appears that it works for some. Like any product though you need to know what your true baseline is so it can be accurately evaluated, taking into consideration changing driving conditions, temperatures, etc.

For all the bother it would need to at least pay for itself. They're not just giving it away.

Last edited:
Ester based product. That has me thinking about using auto-Rx as an experimental fuel additive. I have not seen that possibility discussed here yet, but it would certainly be less expensive than this Ethos stuff. It is ester based and has lubricating qualities and is also added to the crankcase as an oil additive. Hmmm.... i do realize that there are thousands of different esters out there. Anyone else thinking this?

I seem to recall that ARX was specifically not to be used in the fuel system. I'd consult with Frank or Rick20 before you got too far along with this idea.

Ethos FP is sold through distributors. If you were to search out the various websites it's sold on you'd find some more informative than others.

Tony does make a good point about the lack of documentation that would support the benefits of using this product. If they can sponsor car's in the Indy Racing League why can't they find the money to do some in-depth testing?

I've not tried the product, but neither has Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back