Rank these fuel system cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious as to how these fuel system cleaners rank in the eyes of the "users" of these products.

my rankings based on use:
1. Shell V-power
2. Gumout Regane
3. Techron
not ranked (Amsoil PI , redline, BG44k)- have not used these products yet, but hope to.

Last edited:
deepsquat, before I used any of these products I would have ranked them the way you did. After using these products "my" rankings came out just the opposite and I find this surprising based on what I hear on this site about these products.

"You're saying the V power worked for you?"

yeah , for some reason I noticed the best increase in performance came from the v-power. I have had trouble finding this product lately.

Last edited:
My walmart recently had it on clearance for $2 a bottle I think. I grabbed the 5 bottles they had on a whim and they just recently restocked them and have them at $6.48 so they go back for store credit one at a time now.

I "traded in" 6 quarts of Drive Clean and a bottle and bought two jugs of Maxlife instead.

I use Redline Injector Cleaner only because Advance Auto Parts had it on closeout for $2.40 last year, I bought about 28 bottles.

I've used Chevron Techron in the past and I really can't tell a difference between the two.

Originally Posted By: Loobed

I have tried:

Techron
Regane
V-Power
Berrmann B-12
Red Line

and have not noticed any difference in power or performance.

Complete ditto over the years in all sorts of engine. Then I tried Amsoil PI, strong single dose, I can now run low grade fuel all day without a ping. I definitely could not do that before the PI.

I've never noticed any difference with any fuel additive. I've almost always used Chevron & Texaco which has the Technion additive. I still with use Technion concentrate every 10,000 miles or so but, probably wasting my money.

2-3-1 or 3-2-1, doesn't matter to me.

V-power is on the very bottom of the scale but nonetheless it works in my case also but then again: nothing beats the cleaning ability of Regane and Techron.

And BTW: I don't give a dime about almost purely stoddard solvent of any kind which includes AsssTeePeee and the likes.

Q.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I can now run low grade fuel all day without a ping. I definitely could not do that before the PI.

Lower octane or perceived lower quality gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back