getting a Glock 23...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a glock 26 9mm you will enjoy it.glocks can withstand a lot of punishment and still function safely and properly

Yep, the 23 is my nightstand gun for all the bumps in the night. Guaranteed to shoot when you pull the trigger.

I won't carry it though due to the lack of a safety.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
I won't carry it though due to the lack of a safety.

Not having a safety is part of why I prefer a Glock for carry.

If you don't pull the trigger, the gun won't fire. Period.

I don't want a manual safety that I might fail to disengage under stress.

At the range I've seen Glocks jam for mutliple reasons, the usual semiauto stuff like ammo too hot, ammo too mild, not holding it right, magazine problems.....

I've had a Glock 19 for 15 years. It's the same size as the 23. I love it, but it's still a bit big for me to carry concealed on a regular basis. One of the mini-Glocks would be a better choice for concealed carry, IMO.....if that matters to you.

Also, have you checked out the new Walther PPS?

Glocks are a thing of beauty mechanically, but their ergonomics suck IMHO. Take a look at the Springfield XD compact or one of the offerings from Kahr.

a Glock will not fire unless you pull the trigger.no matter what they have dropped from a helicopter,froze it,beat it and shot millions of shots fired through it.and would fire only if trigger pulled. I love Glocks but even the small on is too big for me to carry.I carry Kel-tec 3AT 380 in back pocket had 26 9mm

Carried a Model 23 for many years.

Not a bad weapon but I sold all of my Glocks (9mm, 40cal, 45acp) and went with a different brand.

Shot the Federal 155gn JHP "Nevada Highway Patrol / Boarder Patrol" loads very well. Could not miss. (of course, I shot prob 3-4k of them through it)

I agree that the weapon I use / carry has NO safety.

Keep the finger off the trigger and when *it* hits the fan, pull the trigger.

It is that simple. I don't want / need mag safeties, levers or such.

Take care, bill

Carried a 19 concealed (small of back) for 3 years while working nights in a bad part of town. I find it to be the perfect size for CC (im 180, 6'0"). I have since sold all my other handguns.

As stated, it does have a safety built into the trigger. The best handgun I have ever owned. Feels like a natural extension of my hand.

I owned a Glock 19 for a few years and sold it to my ex wife's dad who is really into guns.

I liked it

Own both a model 22 and model 27. Love em. Carried the 22 on duty for years and off duty at times. Carried the 27 as a back-up on duty weapon and off-duty.

I have one. It is a nice reliable gun. Mine has the Trijicon night sights, which I highly recommend. Mine is also one of the older models that does not have the finger grooves built into the grip area.

One warning though, it is best to stay away from using reloads. Glock chambers tend to be a little on the sloppy side for reliability reasons. If you check the web there have been a number of confirmed Glock "Ka-Booms" resulting from reloads. The Gun Zone has a number of pictures of confirmed Glocks that have blown up. Mostly in calibers from 40 S&W up.

Because the case is partially unsupported by the chamber, you have thinning of brass in the unsupported area that can give way with full power reloads. The best I can liken it to is like an aneurysm. Under pressure the weak spot gives and the gun goes Ka-Boom.

I have a G23 and G27. The 27 is my favorite. I have the magazine extension on it and it fits me like a glove. Never any misfires with both weapons and enjoy them both. Both guns are in my favorite caliber, .40SW. Has anyone noticed that 9mm seems to be back in vogue?

Bought the 27 when I lived in a state with the ability carry concealed, but since moving back to WI, our governor keeps blocking CCW here. Hoping it will pass here like it did in MN and a few other states awhile back.

Last edited:
Bill,

Just curious as to why you got rid of the Glocks and what brand it is you went to. If not to be too nosey here.
12.gif

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Bill,

Just curious as to why you got rid of the Glocks and what brand it is you went to. If not to be too nosey here.
12.gif

Went with S&W M&Ps in .45acp, 9mm and .40 S&W.
01.gif

Better fit, barrels that allow for reloads (Glocks do not like lead bullets and like above stated, HARD on brass) and I like how they shoot.

The .40cal compact is my daily carry along with a S&W M638. Depends on dress style on what I carry but the .40c is the weapon of choice.

The Glocks I had since the first days they came to America and while they were good, I did have issues with reloading for them and they never felt (the way the M&Ps do) really good.

Also after replacing the sights on 2 of my Glocks since they are plastic and the sites on the S&W are metal started to get old.

I'd trust *either* to protect me, but for a shooter and comfort I picked the M&P.

Don't get me started on shooting and firearms.. I'll "bore" you to death!
grin2.gif

Take care, bill
34.gif

I have a glock 17, I bought it when they first came out, I never cared for mine neither, I think it was more how it looked than performed. It performed flawless, Iam just old fashioned and didnt care for the look of it. I really like the Smith &Wesson autos, the stainless 659 and 669s, they are not very popular with alot of people, but I love mine, I think its just the way Glocks look that anyone would not like them. Noone can argue their superb performance under bad conditions. 50% of people love or hate a gun on how it looks, It can be the best gun in the world, but if you think its ugly, youll never be satisfied with it.

i have a G19 and love it. got a tactical light and everything.. holds 16 rounds, more than enough to do what you need to do.. they are great CCW IF you do not have a small frame. but medium guys and up can conceal it fairly easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back