Cam2 oil? Wolfshead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think about cam2 oil? A local parts shop stocks this stuff and it is fairly cheap. How does it perform compared to more mainstream conventionals? How about wolfs head? Any thoughts?

Jim

How much is Cam2 and WolfsHead?

I have never seen these sold in my area.....but if its cheap and SL or SM rated, I would buy as much as I can.

Cam2 is a brand of Sunoco, isn't it?

Edit: CAM2 used to be made by Sunoco and was sold off as a brand name in 1983. Sunoco still makes CAM2 racing fuel, but the oil seems to be just your run of the mill private-label stuff.

http://www.cam2.com/

Last edited:
I used to see them, like 20 years ago. Last time I saw CAM2 oil it was in the round cardboard quarts, it was a orange can with Cam2 in dark blue, I think. Wolfs head, they have changed hands alot. They were their own company then Pennzoil bought them, now I think Coastal owns the name.

Cam2 does not appear to be made by sunoco, at least no indication of it on the bottle

The place I work at sells Cam 2 and they use it in the delivery trucks. They never had any problems with it and these trucks get beat on, with OCIs often exceeding 5,000 miles. Most of them have well over 200,000 miles and still going.

For what its worth, Cam 2's "regular" grade oils are pitched as synthetic blend in 5W30 and 5W20 weghts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back