A replacement for displacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ClarkB
Originally Posted By: BuickGN
I care about the bottom line, that's it. The Vette brings 505hp and the Accord brings 268hp.

I'll agree with you there, it is the bottom line that matters and the Vette obviously brings more. However...

A more fair comparison would be two engines from the same decade. One small displacement motor with all the bells and whistles vs a traditional large displacement OHV motor from the same era.

You were asking for another unfair comparison, so I answered. The HP/L argument is simply to highlight who has the better technology. Again, it doesn't matter at the race track.

I also love the "what if" statements. Honda/Acura makes nothing even remotely fast at this time or in the past. And please don't give me the NSX because that was an overpriced, overrated high 13 second car that did not excel in any category except to wow the ricers.

To bring you up to speed on the next NSX, ahhh, who am I kidding, you don't give a [censored] about it anyway...

Clark

I need to apologize for my "tone" over the internet. Staying up with a bad tooth ache on a Friday night put me in a bad mood.

I do think it's neat that cars like the Accord and my TL make the hp they do for their size with no turbo, yet still have ULEV status and knock down 30mpg on the freeway. Sometimes my redneck roots show when it comes to racing...

Originally Posted By: byez
Honda S2000 2 Litre 4 cylinder 240 hp with a 9000rpm redline. The replacement for displacement is gearing and/or turbo.

The Honda's engine is naturally aspirated. If Honda had used a supercharger, turbocharger or both, they would have used a smaller engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back