Firestone Desitination AT's

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone run these and what size? i have read a lot of good ratings about them. the size i am looking at 265/75/16's.. thanks guys

YES, I am running them !!

I have on 265-75-R-16 also...

I replaced the other brand original on my truck (see tagline) with these at 63,000. I now have 123,000, so they have 60k on them. Still look like I can go another 15k, easy.

They are more stable on the road than original, a little louder, just barely. Great traction, I run on ice, snow and on frozen lakes. Would buy 'em again for sure....
thumbsup2.gif

Anything else??

sweet i have heard nothing but good things about that tire. i am going to get them in the 6ply bc they told me they would hold up better over time and i can pull heavier loads.. my only issue is that they will rub some on my tacoma when the wheel is turned and near full flex

Not sure ya want that... Ask if you can return them shortly if that's happening just in case.....

yeah i plan on it.. they said they can put them on and see if it rubs. so ill ask them to do that.. i know it wont rub on the street, its when offroading and turning the tires at near full flex it may rub some of the plastic.. most said its not that big of a deal

I put these on my wife's Mazda tribute. They are awesome tires for the price and wear pretty well so far too. Wet and snow traction was amzaing. Very quiet considering the loud oem highway tires. I'd recomend them to anyone wanting a lt tire.

Great tire. Rated very high on tirerack opinions. I've had them for about 15 months - 12k miles. I love them. I have 235/70/16 on my fwd Mariner. They are great for all traction: wet, snow, ice, slush. They ride as good (or better) than most highway AS truck tires. Even in my fwd, I feel very confident in snow -- and we've had lots this year. At slow speeds, they are slightly louder than highway tires, but you don't notice anything at highway speeds. You may lose 1 MPG if you didn't have AT tires previously.

good deal thanks fellas! 600 bucks for the ones i want. 6 ply 265/75/16's.. not too bad when the guy (very trustworthy) told me they often see those 6ply tires last over 70k miles. they are warrantied for 50k miles... i cant wait to get them.. i have BF long trails and they SUCK! they have over 50k miles on them and they are loud, rough and hard as a rock.. the traction sucks too.. ill never own BF's even the AT's (i have had those in the past) they are highly overrated even offroad

I have had them since July 05 on a Jeep Liberty -- 29k miles.

Measuring the tread depth, I extrapolate they'll be down to 1/8 inch depth remaining at about 37k miles, or down to 1/16 inch at 45k. That will be right at 100k on the vehicle. have rotated them 4 times I think. I planned to do so at each oil change, but sometimes I was lazy and they are heavy and I missed a couple.

That's rotating 4. I kept one of the lousy OEM Goodyears as a spare.

Pleased with them; I'd recommend them.

I have them on my 03 Dakota 4x4 going on two years,30,000 miles. I haven`t measured the tread depth but they still look meaty. No complaints,great price.I think they are very quiet especially for such an aggressive looking tread. I don`t notice any road noise.

Last edited:
Firestone tires are a great bargain, considering their recall history in the past 30 years. They're just the tire that I'd want on my wife's vehicle, that also carries my kids around.

Just ask Ford. Ooops... Ford won't do business with Firestone/Bridgestone any longer.

#1 Tire recall in history:
14.5 million Firestone 500 tires, 1978.
5.1 million additional Firestone 500 tires, 1980.
Total recall - 19.6 million tires.

#2 Tire recall in history:
6.5 million Firestone ATX / ATX II / Wilderness tires, 2000.
3.5 million additional ATX / ATX II / Wilderness tires, 2001.

490,000 Steeltex tires in 2004.
(CBS News documented numerous other Steeltex failures on vehicles such as ambulances and rescue units, but no recall was ordered).

98,500 Firehawk GTA-02 tires in 2001.

Toyota had just as many recalls, and people still seem to buy them.

I didn't think Firestone would survive after the Explorer/Wilderness AT fiasco (I owned one back then). But hey have turned around nicely, and have some very good products again. It's kind of like eating at a restaurant after they have received health code violations -- that's the best time to eat there:)

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
It's kind of like eating at a restaurant after they have received health code violations -- that's the best time to eat there:)

A bad meal will give you a tummy ache.

A bad tire that blows out can kill you, or a loved one.

Firestone has had to "eat" WAY too many tires in the last few decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back