Just got a Browning BPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a Winchester Defender/Remington 870 guy all my life, but when I saw the Browning BPS with its nice bluing and high gloss stock, I just had to have it. Haven't shot her yet, but can't wait. Already i have noticed how very smooth the pump action is on this gun and deep the bluing looks.

Any thoughts on this gun? It was an impulse buy, nothing planned.

Had a 20ga for a few years. Liked it very well. Got rid of it to buy a left hand Rem 1100 12ga. Hunted rabits quite a lot with it. Light, pointed well, bottom feed/eject and tang mounted safety made it a excellent lefty also. Only problem was (best as I can remember) a screw in safety mechanism came loose and made it unfirable untill disassembled and re-tightened, think I applied a bit of thread lock at the time. If I got another one, think I'd give it a thorough strip and inspection after a couple hundred rounds.

Think mine was built by Moroku (sp) in Japan. Where are they made now?

Bob

Mine says made in Japan as well on the barrel, but I am okay with that. Nice if it was an American made arm, but it is nice nontheless. I haven't had a shotgun that has bottom ejection before or the rear tang safety. Both nice features though.

I got her all oiled up with some Breakfree CLP and it is one nice looking gun. Plan on just using it for casual skeet shooting and has a home defense weapon in the corner of the bedroom.

I only (for the most part) shoot Brownings. I have a Gold Hunter in 12 and 10 gauge, 270 BAR WSM, 300 BAR Win Mag, BL-22, Buckmark, Citori grade 1 & 3, BLR 30-06, and A-bolt Gold madelion 22-250. Every one of them is worth their weight in gold.

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Mine says made in Japan as well on the barrel, but I am okay with that. Nice if it was an American made arm, but it is nice nontheless. I haven't had a shotgun that has bottom ejection before or the rear tang safety. Both nice features though.

I got her all oiled up with some Breakfree CLP and it is one nice looking gun. Plan on just using it for casual skeet shooting and has a home defense weapon in the corner of the bedroom.

Didn't mean to be disparaging mentioning Japan mfgr! They are excellent. Think Browning's having some stuff built in South America now that's not quite as good as US, Belgum, or Japan.

Skeet, and even trap are fun, but if possible try a bit of sporting clays, it's my favorite shotgun game. Also allows shooting a pump gun enough to "wear in" after a few thousand rounds to get that "slicker-N-snot" feel.

Bob

Never shot one personally but they are supposed to be good guns. I don't think I could get used to the bottom eject but I am not a lefty either.

The two guns that my Dad has that are made in Japan (including a Browning shotgun) will rust if you look at them funny. Be sure to keep it well oiled.

Friend of mine has a 10ga BPS and it is sweet to shoot! The bottom ejection is especially nice for me since I always try to clean up after myself. The Beretta slings those hulls all over the place and that's a pain. Your impulse buy will end up being your favorite I predict.
Steve

Originally Posted By: hi-miler
The bottom ejection is especially nice for me since I always try to clean up after myself.

No comment!

I just blew partially chewed food all over my monitor.
LOL.gif

Nice gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back