Eagle F1 a/s vs BFG Super Sport a/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
215/50/17 H rated on a 2001 Chrysler Sebring LXI Coupe. Essentially a Mitsubishi Eclipse, so its geared more towards performance. It has had Eagle RSA's on it its entire life, and I can get all three tires for essentially the same price (give or take 5$).

The Eagle RSA's are not the greatest in the rain, and my car does not have ABS/Traction control which I love, but means I need to be a little more careful in wet weather.

I have never sold BFG Supersports and only two sets of Eagle F1 all seasons, so I do not have extensive feedback.

I do not want any less performance than the Eagle RSA's so I ruled out Response edge's and Pilot sport A/S is a bit more than I wanted to spend. I do not care what so ever about road noise or ride comfort, simply performance.

Thoughts?

Jim

If you drive them year around, and receive snow, I'd pick the F1 AS. Any tire you mentioned will be leap years better than RSAs. RSAs have real poor ratings. What is your driving style? Just because your car is geared on the performance side, you don't have to run an UHPAS tire. I have no first-hand experience with the BFG or F1. I'm basing my opinion off what I have read. I'd read up on tirerack, and other tire website ratings. Tirerack also often posts results from their independant tests.

Are you saying that the Sebring and the Eclipse are twins? I thought they were completely different chassis, drivetrain, everything.

Run a 225-45-17 in the F1 A/S. Just a tad cheaper than the 215-50-17's in the same tire. I have them on my Matrix and they do just fine. We don't see much snow at all (was running the F1 GSD3's before) but I got the A/S because we have family in NY and, just in case, wanted something that could make a trip up north. I only have about 4.5k on them now so we will see about treadware.I got 45k out of the GSD3's.

Last edited:
I bought a set of Goodyear F1 AS from Tire Rack and just had them installed on my IS 250AWD.
Nice tire.Great handling.Haven't drove in rain or snow yet but I've read in many reviews,they're great.
My buddy mounted the set at his shop and they are a biatch to mount.Sidewalls are still as [censored].He mounted these tires with extreme care because it's very easy to scratch the wheels because of the stiff sidewalls.
If you buy F1s,stick around during the mounting to watch the installer if you can.

Originally Posted By: glennc
Are you saying that the Sebring and the Eclipse are twins? I thought they were completely different chassis, drivetrain, everything.

Sebring and Avenger/Stratus coupes were on the same platform as the Eclipse.

The Sebring convertible, and the sedan models were on a Chrysler platform.

The coupes only had the name in common with the other models.

Colt, I AM the installer haha. We have a hunter TC3250 which has some neat features. I have mounted 40 series runflats with that baby lol.

And Glen, as MGregoir said, the sebring coupe shares nothing in common with the sebring convertible and sedan other than the name and logo.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back