GUN SHOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live in a small town of 1,900 pop. For the first time ever there was a gun show this weekend, at the ASSEMBLY OF G. O. D. church of all places!! Quite a good turn out of dealers from pretty long distances. Really high turnout of show-goers for such a small town. Show started Friday eve. from 5 to 9 pm. Then all day 9 to 5 Saturday. Naturally no show Sunday as is usual for most gun-shows.

Ended up selling a "social" 20ga pistol grip Mossberg pump shotgun(can't really remember why I bought such an oddball). Would have bought a 22-250 Rem if anyone had had either a single shot, or lefthand bolt gun. There were several beautiful Ruger singleshots, but none in 22-250.

Bob

Congrats on your town Bob. The more gun shows the better. Just think, if this one is determined to be a success, then you always have next year to look forward to.

That is very good. Hi-miler is it normal for gun shows to be only once a year? In my area we get them about every 3 months. But I am in a fairly large city.

I live in the Dallas TX metroplex area. You can either go downtown Dallas or Fort Worth about once every 3 months or so, or go over to Mesquite, (another suburb), and theirs is held once a month. In a big community in the South it's common to have enough traffic to support the shows. Of course the really BIG one is held once a year in Oklahoma City, OK I think. THAT'S the one to go to.
If someone who knows about the OK show could weigh in, I would appreciate it.
Steve
PS In the South it's with a sense of pride and duty that a young man joins the military. No reflection on anyone else, just an insight.

Never been to OKC show, but I'm told it's several ACRES of guns under one roof. Supposedly, if you find something you like, better buy it on the spot, cause you may never find that exact table again!

Bob

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Enjoy them before they are banned.

Texas is going to ban churches?

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: Steve S
Enjoy them before they are banned.

Texas is going to ban churches?

You sure know how to tempt a fellow to cross the R/P line,,, since Hillary popped to mind, the S thing is TOTALLY out of thoughts!!!!!

Bob

That's awesome. I haven't been to one in a few months. Time to find another one. Indianapolis has a nice one every couple months but that's about 4 hours from me.

Gotta love that is was held in a church.

The OKC show was last weekend. I didn't get to go, too many things on my list and I had just bought my CZ 2075 REMI. Plus, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to talk my wife into letting me get something else since I had just bought that one. I plan to go next year and take my 5 year old daughter with me. I want her to be comfortable around guns and you got to start them young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back