BGK 44 fuel treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys what do you think about this stuff? i have heard that its really good. my question is how much do you guys use and is it useful via the vacuum line ( like seafoam treatment) or is it strictly dump in the tank and go treatment? thanks guys

There are BG induction services. The BG44K Power Enhancer is dumped into your gas tank and is very good stuff.

For a cheaper cleaning of your fuel injectors, people have said that Techron Concentrate is very good as well.

Last edited:
Dump it in the tank.

BG and manufacturers use it several ways. As part of the total intake cleaning kit or as a supplement to other things like the BG109 engine flush. Or you can just use it periodically to clean the fuel system and injectors.

Works good.

bg 44k is excellent but if you use their cf5 every time you fill up then 44k is never needed and by using the cf5 you are getting their loaded polyetheramines in your tank..remember all gas has very weak to almost no additives and the additives they do use is a polybutylamine which is a good cleaner but it also leaves alot of deposits. if brands of gas use pea then gas would go up even higher!! pea's are very expensive..so its a good idea to use the cf5 with every tank full..it cleans everything gas touches..

Ive had the same success with BG44K as I have with Seafoam. I must say the $10 savings was worth it for seafoam :)

I'll add a few words on the Seafoam cleaner. It contains no beneficial fuel detergents. However it is loaded with alcohol, which when burned gives the impression of better ignition. So it is basically a "one tank wonder". Better to spend your money on a valid polyether amine fuel cleaning product like BG 44K or Techron in my opinion. My motorcycle friends all rave on the Seafoam, but in actuality all it does is burn faster, thus fooling us into thinking it is a wonder drug cleaner. So I got curious and analyzed the Seafoam. It turned out to be just plain isopropyl alcohol, a dilution solvent, and a small percentage of light mineral oil. No significant metal additives or detergents to be found. So...my two cents worth of advice is spend your money elsewhere...

Mikey B.
Gas Chromatograph/Fuels Chemist

1985 Yamaha VMAX 1200
1993 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L

Last edited:
Spirit, even if you use Seafoam via the vacuum lines to clean the more internal parts is a waste?? thats all i use it for is in the vacuum lines..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back