Say it isn't so Summit Racing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this in the last couple catalogs I received from them. Something called the Fitch Fuel Catalyst. Pretty much ~$200 to somehow re-refine your fuel. Never thought I would see Summit peddle this kind of garbage. Anyway, here is the description:

Get maximum performance out of your fuel with the Fitch Fuel Catalyst.
The Fitch Fuel Catalyst transforms gasoline and diesel into a superior quality fuel. Get more performance out of your engines for less--less money, less pollution, and less maintenance headaches. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst is permanent fuel treatment device that reformulates fuel, resuscitates partially oxidized fuel, and suppresses the growth of bacteria in fuel. Fitch Fuel Catalysts ensure that all fuel delivered to combustion engines is in optimal condition, allowing the engines to extract the maximum amount of energy with minimal emissions per kg of fuel. Once fuel has been refined, it sits in a holding tank, is pumped into transport vehicles, is shipped worldwide, sits in the holding tank at a gas station, and then you purchase it. That fuel refined as 93 octane has substantially lost its potency and freshness. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst helps return gas station grade gasoline or diesel back to its refinery-fresh state, for increased fuel economy and performance. Fitch Fuel Catalysts offer a better quality of fuel, which translates into better engine performance. The Fitch Fuel Catalysts are maintenance-free devices that are warranted for 250,000 miles. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst can easily be installed in the fuel line, much like a fuel filter, or directly into the fuel tank.

and the link:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail...15&autoview=sku

why not? Just like women luvs gossips,general public luvs these unproven technologies that claimed to change the world (without scientific support).There's $$$ to be made in this field and sooner or later, everyone would try to endorse these products just to make a buck.

Am I shocked to see Summit Racing falling into this? Yes.

Am I surprised? Nope.

Do I care? Nah!

Q.

Disappointing? Sure but I don't really care. As long as they ship me what I want quickly at a good price like always I'll still buy from them.

Quest, how can you be shocked but not suprised?
shocked2.gif

they have been selling the tornado as well...

it's one thing to see this c r a p on ebay, but when summit sells it, and lists it w/ a convincing description, it lends the 'product' some credibility.

I don't understand why there aren't more class action lawsuits for this sort of thing. Make them prove just one of their claims in court....

Originally Posted By: glennc
I don't understand why there aren't more class action lawsuits for this sort of thing. Make them prove just one of their claims in court....

Now there's any idea!
cheers3.gif

Frank D

Sumit is in business to make money.If they had to prove every claim made by their products in court their catologue would be about two pages long,with mostly big wings and [censored] can mufflers.I agree that the fitch is sheite,but a lot of those header manufacturers promise power increases that seem to come up short.And all the cat back exhaust companies are liars.Dont even get me strted on camshafts.And crate motors are tested with huge carbs,electric water pumps,constat air temps and open exhaust.All ad copy is bull shyte.The dyno speaks the truth.Lets have an independant fitch test so we can put it in the tornado trash bin

The fitch has an impressive history, and a strong sales base down here, along with a few competitors (all of whom claim technology harking back to the issue of high performance western planes being used in Russia.

It's an impressive sounding spiel.

I honestly do not beleive in the technology, but know a number of people who have used them and swear by them.

I guess If I paid $400 for a steel can full of solder, I'd convince myself that it works too.

I've actually got a fitch in my mower with B&S Quantum 5...there is absolutely no difference in or out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back