MMT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got an octane booster for my accord but i still didn't use it. i read on the back that it has MMt in it. in my Civic owners manual it said don't use any gasoline with MMt in it. Should i just take this octane booster back?

+1 to Shannow's remarks.

MMT will kill your cat and you are more than welcome to read up on MMT and the story of Ethyl (google it).

Q.

Toluene would be safer if you really MUST use an octane booster. Toluene is already in the gas(5-15%) so adding a tad more won't bug much.

MMT will also coat your combustion chamber and plugs. They will turn a very charming shade of pink(think like blush pink). I used a bottle of Gumout Octane Booster once and it coated my plugs in one bottle. Saw the plugs a few days before and 1 week after. Went from perfectly clean to pink.

Originally Posted By: Bulli
i got an octane booster for my accord but i still didn't use it. i read on the back that it has MMt in it. in my Civic owners manual it said don't use any gasoline with MMt in it. Should i just take this octane booster back?

I'd take it back regardless. Octane boosters off the shelf are a joke and just a waste of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back