So, what does sludge look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mom's 325i M3 oci is 15k miles or some [censored] like that but she gets it done 7500 miles full syn of course at the BMW place. i think they use M1 not sure though

Originally Posted By: mikeg5
my mom's 325i M3

So which one is it, a 325i or an M3?
grin2.gif

Quote:
oci is 15k miles or some [censored] like that but she gets it done 7500 miles full syn of course at the BMW place. i think they use M1 not sure though

BMW dealers use BMW High Performance Synthetic 5w-30 which is a rebadged Castrol product.

Sludge only really hurts when it clogs something . Not that it is good imo" not wanting to get into what is best or someones theory or filters or base oils etc. But I am getting in to how oil lubes an engine. There the flow of oil around the cams in the main and cam bearings and chain. is still lubing the cyl walls don't have sludge. There is a really big problem in that so many opinions about oil but not many know the function of how oil lubes .If it keeps the parts seperated and the add package is proper to protect where the oil film is not the best "cams pistons etc more won't do any better.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Odd that it does not seem to hurt the cams any.
Chris the sludge is not on the cam"s" .Sludge settles in the non oiled ares. There is nothing that needs to be lubed in the areas of sludge. Though the sludge can clog oil returns but the ohc engine has a big emergency oil return "the cam chain"

its a 325i BUT with an M3 motor. special order from BMW. the guy that owned it before her ordered it that way. also fools insurance too. the insurance thinks its a sedan when its a sportcar with a highperformance motor.. that [censored] will freakin' fly! it doesnt have m3 stickers but it has the motor..

Originally Posted By: XPR
370338200_de462c7e66.jpg

Found this on Flickr.com Its the inside of a BMW 5 Series engine.

Are people really that stupid??

I have an aquaintance whose son is an engineer and that happened to his (the son's) BMW.

Seems the son thought the wife was having the car serviced and vise versa.

Motor locked up with ~35K miles on it and looked similar according to dad.

OUCH!

its a 325i BUT with an M3 motor. special order from BMW. the guy that owned it before her ordered it that way. also fools insurance too. the insurance thinks its a sedan when its a sportcar with a highperformance motor.. that [censored] will freakin' fly! it doesnt have m3 stickers but it has the motor..

Off topic, but I don't think so. He might have done a swap, but it was not ordered that way. Whoever sold her the car is "fibbing". No -- say it isn't so. If it were possible to order one this way (it's not), then the Insurance Company would know the spes based off the VIN.

Having an M3 with no stickers... that I can believe. But having a 325i with an M3 engine from the factory... no.

well believe it.. i know the guy that she bought it from. he ordered it from BMW. he works for the BMW place in Greensboro. he is head of the shop.. i wouldnt lie fellas

I have 2005 CPO BMW 325i that I just bought...According to the service records the car was serviced at 15,127 and 28,842 which is when I bought it. I pulled the valve cover and the motor looks brand new....zero sludge and very little varnish. The engine the OP posted obviously has other issues...coolant leak etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back