How often to use Regane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added Regane to a nearly empty gas tank and then filled up this past Saturday. So far the Regane seems to be working like it says on the bottle. I'm trying to reduce pinging and hesitation in my engine and to improve the power and MPP. I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota with a V6 and 5speed manual, 83,500 miles on it. Truck seems to be running better with the Regane. My question is how often can Regane safely be used in the tank? Once at every 3,000 miles like it says on the bottle or is that too often and could run the risk of fouling plugs, sensors, etc?

I'm no big fan of additives but the Regane seems to be helping. Any info is greatly appreciated..

Jimmy,

I use Techron on my Durango 01' every oil change. Your might treat your truck in the same manner. To use it more often than that is not very cost wffective. To reducr ping consider a higher octane gas instead. Perhaps an 89 octane might do the trick fur ya.

Durango

If the pinging is caused by combustion chamber and valve deposits using a higher octane gasoline only mask the problem and sooner or later it will ping on the 89 octane then you have to move up to 93 octane and sooner or later it will ping on that also. The REGANE every 3,000 miles will help remove the deposits and keep them removed once they are gone. It is really a very good product and does what it says.

I use Rogaine ........oops
blush.gif

I'd use it every 5000 miles honestly along with a treatment of MMO or UCL every tank or every other tank.

Who makes Regane? Is it Champion or something? AAP is having BOGOF on Champion fuel system cleaner. I never really know if these things work.

Thanks for the help. Regane is made by Gumout which I think is owned by Shell. Am certain if I am wrong on the ownership someone here will correct me. It seems to have helped my engine but I won't really know until I run out the remaining 3/4 tank. The engine doesn't ping on 89 octane gas but that is 1. More expensive and 2. A band-aid for the pinging issue. If this doesn't help I may try a forced induction cleaning of the upper engine such as the BG fuel induction service. If that doesn't do it, I'll rent a car for a few days and pull the heads off myself and mechanically de-carbon it myself. The 3.9 Dodge V6 is notorious for pinging and detonation/pre-ignition and guys much smarter than I have attributed it to a poorly designed combustion chamber which I guess is more prone to carbon.

I know the Regane is helping my MPG and the throttle response seems to be a little better too. Regane, Chevron and Redline are the only fuel system treatments for which I have heard any positive results. The rest I don't know. I have heard the STP, Champion and others are mostly kerosene and do not really provide any real benefit. I am sure others here will chime in on that one. Regane has a lot of great reviews, not just on BITOG but other Internet sites as well.

Before Amsoil PI, I swore by Regane. The only product where you could really feel the difference. It mostly retreated as the fuel trims/adaptives took hold to the newer O2 readings ..but until then it felt like a different engine. Downshift points also came down (5-speed). I too don't like the frequency of use recommendation, but I'd say 5000 miles would be appropriate. I have to reluctantly agree with the marketing assertion that today's fuel isn't all that clean.

The only 3 prods that worked for me are the Shell V-Power in a Tahoe and Honda 4cyl, and Techron CONCENTRATE or Regane in the
Honda. I believe most of the other cleaners (AAP, Chanpion etc) are just 85% kerosene.

OP, I would go to your "stealership" as people call it and buy a can or 2 of the Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner. parts dudes will know what that is and you will not need a part number. it is under 10 bucks a can, I think more like 6-8

works great on the entire product line IMO. follow directions on the can which are basically at operating temp pop the cover off your TB spray can of CC cleaner in TB while running till it is empty, I try to spray in the IAC passages, etc. shut off vehicle and let sit. I have let them sit overnight in the shop before to really let them soak down. I think the can says 5-10 mins though.

Originally Posted By: Russell
I cannot even find regane here in KY at autozone or advanced. Any other sources?

China mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back