just how good is amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Amsoil in just about everything around here for the past six years. As far as I can tell it works as advertised. Everything gets the 1 year/25,000 OCI except my wifes 06 Cobalt which gets changed on the OLM. I guess I should use the XL line for it but I always have plenty of the ASL PAO stuff around the shop.

Originally Posted By: KW
I've been using Amsoil in just about everything around here for the past six years. As far as I can tell it works as advertised. Everything gets the 1 year/25,000 OCI except my wifes 06 Cobalt which gets changed on the OLM. I guess I should use the XL line for it but I always have plenty of the ASL PAO stuff around the shop.
My big deal with syn is the people who do dino oil change intervals with syn oil. It proves to me they do not understand oil and how it works.

Originally Posted By: KW

INTERESTING TO SEE A FELLOW THAT ACTUALLY PUTS THE MONEY EVEN WITH THE MOUTH.

SOUNDS (sorry caps lok) like it works ok for you.

let us know how it goes

So far it all works well for me. And now with the new oil filters I don't need to change the oil filter half way through the OCI.

Now if I could just man up and change the Cobalt yearly instead of following the OLM... The OLM works out to be every 8K or 8 months there abouts so far.

My Doctor recommends Canola or flax seed oil, but I miss the flavor of cooking with olive oil.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
My big deal with syn is the people who do dino oil change intervals with syn oil. It proves to me they do not understand oil and how it works.

Or perhaps, like me, they are using it in a vehicle that is still under warranty so running an extended drain interval is a problem. However, like me, they want to use a better product so they choose synthetic oil. Doesn't mean we don't understand it just that we can't go 10K-20K+ because our vehicles are under warranty still.

I run Royal Purple and change it every 5K if the vehicle is under warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: NHSilverado
Originally Posted By: Steve S

Or perhaps, like me, they are using it in a vehicle that is still under warranty so running an extended drain interval is a problem. However, like me, they want to use a better product so they choose synthetic oil. Doesn't mean we don't understand it just that we can't go 10K-20K+ because our vehicles are under warranty still.

I run Royal Purple and change it every 5K if the vehicle is under warranty.

I'll even offer that someone who does a 5k/6month OCI may be doing an extended drain as far as they're concerned. They otherwise may feel compelled to do 3k/3m. It's the only thing that allows them out of the prison. There are many that are beyond all of the running around and whatnot ..they don't commute long distances ..or are retired but pretty active ..so they feel justified in the added expense for the added utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back