MMO??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who uses this stuff in their gas? and much do you add? I know the bottle says 4oz. for 10 gallons. But, how much do you when you have a 22 gallon tank like mine and you fill at half full? Do you guys just add the amount for the 22 gallon tank or do you add what the pump says you pumped???

Put 9-10 ozs. in the first tank and then as required each fill-up after that. I don't think it's wise to add any amount more than as directed by the manufacturer with fuel additives..."more is not better" IMO.

Recently I got a 4 pack of the MMO "One Shot" Fuel treatments and each bottle is 6oz for 15 gallons as stated on the bottle. I'd do 8oz and call it even.

I have a small 4 oz. bottle that I carry any additive I'm about to use.
Since in general fill at just under half a tank, I add those 4 oz each time.
If I forget to bring the bottle along I skip it and try to remember the next time.
Many add 6 to 8 oz. every few months; not every fill-up.

I got some nail polish remover bottles at Wal-Mart, removed the labels and marked them in 2oz gradations. The various types of these bottles come in various sizes that are exactly right for whatever your fuel capacity is and they are transparent plastic. If I'm doing less than a full fill I just add 2oz for each 5gal.

For motorcycle fuel tanks I use travel-size mouthwash bottles. You can always tuck a couple of them away somewhere on the bike.

I think you could get most if not all of the benefits at half the dose. I once removed my intake manifold and all valves were visibly oil-coated (and clean), presumably from the MMO at 4oz/10gal. There were also some threads some time back about double-dosing or more, there were no apparent ill effect but no apparent benefit either.

Higher doses of MMO put a wax like coating on the combustion chambers. It appears to stay "wet". They refer to it in their literature. The "resin" coating that's left when it burns. I imagine that this provides an insulating layer like the unburned portion of your fuel mixture. I did a massive dose and the valves had a soft soot on them. I don't know if it was existing formations being softened, or too much MMO in concentration hitting the back of the hot valve. Since it was on both intake and exhaust valves, and both were of the soft soot variety, I tend to feel that it was the softening of existing deposits instead of being the source. I could be wrong. At the massive dose level, all that I experienced was much better starting. One bump of the key vs a few cranks. My main intent was to find out if anything bad occurred. Nothing did.
21.gif

"One bume of the key vs a frw cranks".
Gary,
I notice just the opposite with all of my vehicles when using MMO or Lucas UCL as/per their directions. Normaly my vehicles start with just one bump of the key(you can almost think them to start) and when using MMO or Lucas UCL, the starters turn over a few cranks or so before the engines start(winter or summer). Go Figure! Also, I notice a drop in MPG each time I dose these in my fuel tank and the MPG returns to normal on each tankfull without the dosing of MMO or Lucas UCL. I have read posts by others claiming higher MPG while dosing their fuel systems. I use these products mainly as a PM

The fuel injection shop recommends a lube to be used in diesel and the shop says mmo burns clean. I use 2 cycle oil for boats .I notice a drop in mpgs in gasoline engines .No drop in the diesel at 200 to 1 probably too much oil and at 400 to 1 no difference in the gasoline engine. How much is enough to do something?

i cant tell the difference when i use MMO.
Do we even have to use additives in the fuel?
dont we get enough from regular gasoline

Some people will notice a rise or drop in mpg from virtually anything. Almost impossible to be sure because there's no way to remove the driver from the equation.

I never notice a difference in anything with MMO except a bit quieter idle and the visible differences in the intake tract. I figure it lubes the fuel pump and fuel level sender, keeps deposits off the intake (esp valves) and coats the parts to help resist corrosion.

Can't imagine 4oz/10gal (320:1) would affect mileage one way or another in terms of actual combustion efficiency.

I know, I know. This is the wrong thread to start talking about this but, MMO is multi-purpose product.

The question is. Does see a benefit/purpose in using this in my oil for my 2006 Tacoma 4cyl. I live in Atlanta, GA and it could be pretty hot down here. Give me your incite.

Let me walk everyone through this. I was thinking that since this is a multi-purpose product and seeing this I already started this thread on the product I wanted to know others opinion on using it in my oil. I don't think that this is too hard. It would be nice if people would just keep up the great answers and feedback then posting single line responses knowing that not what I am looking for.

I've used MMO for many years in different cars and vans with good results. I use their Inverse Oiler which automatically feeds MMO into the combustion chamber via the PCV line, this has been in use on a 1988 E-150 since it was about 1 year old. My other cars and Jeep I add it to the gas and then to the oil (1/2 qt) about 500 miles before an OC. I plan on adding a QT to my 93 Aerostar about 1000 miles before the next OC.

I have in the past substituted 1Qt of Oil for 1 Qt MMO if I bought a used car, then went back to adding it 500 miles before an OC.

Frank D

MMO is supposed to be pretty good at disolving varnish inside and engine.
Motorcycle owners have used it to free up a sticky bendix type starter drive on the starter.(those that have one internal to the engine).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back