Curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
FP was all the rage here for a long time, Im just wondering how many of you still run it or has everyone switched to lucas UCL like it seams.

It made no noticeable difference in running, performance or fuel economy in the car and truck I used it in for a couple of months so I quit using it.

I am also still using both FP Plus and LC20. I am a very big fan of both products.

Seems like lately no one talks about FP Plus much in this forum and the Oil Additive Forum is dominated by Auto-RX discussions - personally, I like LC20 better.

I recently bought my son a 2004 Scion xB and it was pretty varnished under the valve cover - after two OCI's, it is almost like new and runs/idles much, much smoother (using FP Plus in it too) than it was when I got it.

I agree with JAX here. I still use LC20 and FP3000. I like it more then Auto-RX. I still think the new owners of Lube Control need to update back to the old ratios of LC20. It works, in my eyes just as good as ARX, and cheaper when you use it for the last 500 miles as a flush.

I have used Amsoil PI (old) and my test came back too high in wears in fuel, so I use FP and goes back to normal. Maybe I need to try the new, no clue yet. I love there other fluids and continue to make use of them. I have used other products for fuel and oil and most are okay at best. Speaking of Lucas UCL, it was not liked by my oil testing house and it looks like #$%& in cold climates (brick); those made me stop applying it. Plus on another forum some people had issue with fuel filters utilizing this product.

In the end, I think there needs to be less commercials on certain products here and let the products speak for themselves and less of the people who are salesmen or related to them.

I also think the old ratios are better. 2oz per quart to start and 2oz every 1000 miles.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
I also think the old ratios are better. 2oz per quart to start and 2oz every 1000 miles.

I am using 1 oz/quart at oil change and 1/2 oz/quart every 1000 miles - keeps the Cyclohexanone level (key ingredient that evaporates over time) more consistent through the entire OCI.

How is 1/2oz more consistent than 2oz per 1000 miles?

21.gif

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
How is 1/2oz more consistent than 2oz per 1000 miles?

21.gif

I am dealing with 6 quart sumps, so I start with 6oz and then add 3oz every 1000 miles - it's not exactly the same amount all the way through the OCI, but closer that if I used the "old formula, which would be 12oz at oil change and 2 more oz every 1000 miles.

I'm still using the FP60 at every fill up. I only gas up once a month so this jug of FP will last quite some time.

I use FP3000 (now FP-Plus) quite regularly in my '95 Civic; used FP60 before that.

I actually use it in everything with a spark plug in it- it does seem to help with gasoline stability and I'm sure the upper cylinder lubrication qualities of it are excellent as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back