Blizzak WS-60

Status
Not open for further replies.
These tires are frickin' awesome. Snow, ice, slush. All of it.

During acceleration, they still slip a bit, but not nearly as much as the A/S tires. My car has a decent amount of low end torque, so I don't consider this a big deal.

Stopping ability is where these tires accel. Last night on a fresh snow pack lightly treaded road, I tried to lock up the wheels and get the ABS to kick in with moderately hard braking. No luck. Stopped as if the pavement were dry.

Also driving at higher speeds (60 mph) on a snow covered interstate, I never felt out of control. Tires have a large sipe in the middle that helps toss off water during slushy/wet conditions. Driving on wet roads has never been a problem, as some people with snow tires have stated.

The only thing to know about these tires is that they need to be driven on dry pavement for a couple hundred miles before they really start to grab in the snow/etc.

Anyone thinking about snow tires, consider these! This is the successor to the Blizzak WS-50 model.

Last edited:
We have the WS-50's currently mounted on our winter wheels in an Infiniti G35 application. The car is RWD but performs very well in the snow with these tires. Another thumbs up for the Bridgestone Blizzak WS series tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back