UOA Dodge Cummins Delo 400 LE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the UOA for my 2004.5 Dodge 2500 with the 5.9 CTD.

The engine had approx 22,500 miles on it when the sample was taken. No makeup or additives.

2227778746_810e9a9258_o.jpg

Nice, fe has got to be the lowest I've seen considering the low mileage on the motor. You could extend your oci out to 7500 and you would stil be draining out good oil.

Thanks guys. I'm quite satisfied.

And the service from Blackstone was excellent.

fe = iron....right Harley?

Would it be wrong to presume that this Delo was CJ-4, rather than CI-4+, considering the TBN at 6.7 after 4600 miles? If it's CI-4+, it seems that the TBN dropped fairly quickly.

Not that I think that's a bad thing, but was just trying to get a better grip on what oil was used. In fact, if it's CJ-4, I think this is yet another UOA that shows CJ-4's to be everything the manufacturers claim!

That Delo has a HEAP of boron. Interesting, I haven't seen a recent analysis of Delo so this is new to me.

Nice report, especially for so few total engine miles.

REDDOG

I was looking at the MO...at least that didn't go away in the LE version.

The TBN is a tad low compared to Rotella...I usually still have 6.5+ left after double those miles. Of course, the Delo might not drop significantly either...

Originally Posted By: deeter16317
The TBN is a tad low compared to Rotella...

Are you referring to a CJ-4 Rotella?

Originally Posted By: HarleyGuy
Originally Posted By: deeter16317
The TBN is a tad low compared to Rotella...

Are you referring to a CJ-4 Rotella?

Yes, Rotella CJ-4 starts out around 10ish something typically...

And even not basing on my CJ-4 UOAs, I've seen one from a ISBe Cummins that had 26k on the oil...TBN was still around 4 IIRC...no BP filter and no makeup oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back