Jeep Liberty Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer Schaeffer 9000 5w-40 MB 228.3,VW 505.01, Volvo VD5-3,+
I ran Rotella T 5w-40 for 6 years in two Jetta TDI's with NO problems. Switched to Schaeffer after Rotella droped VW and other cert's. Under $16.00 a gallon and a sponsor of BOB

I have an 06 with the CRD and 20,000 miles. I have primarily ran Rot 5-40 with very good UOA. Late this summer I used Rot 15w40 because at the time it was what I had available, I also had a very good UOA with the 15w40. I would not want to run a 15w40 in the winter here. I only ran it 3000 miles and switched back to 5w40 as the cold weather hit. With all of the discussion and debate on monograde ois I am really considering next summmer trying HDEO sae 30 or 40 for June July and August and send the oil for analysis. Just as I said of the 15w40, I would not chance the monograde in the fall or winter here.
Joe

I have an 06 CRD with 82,000 miles on it. I run Wal Mart Super Tech 5W30 with Power Flo oil filters and change the oil and filter every 10,000 miles. Cheap! No problems ever.

Last edited:
Sheerinator,
Wow! you really have a lot miles you must be on the road alot. I am not familiar with that oil that you use. I assume it is rated for Diesel? I really enjoy my little diesl!
joe

I drive alot for my job. The oil is the cheapest conventional that Wal Mart sells. This Liberty takes a beating. When i am not driving it, my 16 year old son is driving it and it goes through [censored] with him. He slows down for nothing. About a month ago I saw him driving it down a very badly unmaintained gravel road going about 35 mph through terrible deep holes and washboard. This Jeep must truly be a Jeep to withstand everything it gets!

Glad I resisted the urge to buy a CRD Liberty.

I have (and love) a TDI VW jetta '06 and thought that a CRD jeep would also be a wise choice.

thought the Daimler part of DC (at that time) would have changed the service aspects.

Very glad to have bought the 330CiC the wifey wanted instead.

docvb, you probably made a good choice. You obviously were looking for more car than off road vehicle.

My Liberty CRD gets used for what you get that kind of vehicle for: driving cattle to different locations, pulling 300 gallon fuel wagon, checking fence lines in some rather rough terrain, and generally just getting to town during the snow storms we have had.

The VM diesel in my Liberty is a champ. NO problems (except for tranny pan filter falling off within the first couple hundred miles) so far and great fuel mileage out on the highway. My UOA's have looked good and I expect my CRD to last quite a while. I drive it like a diesel and not a gasser, so probably why I haven't had any issues with it. No EGR problems, No torque converter problems. Just regular maintenance. 35K on it so far. Only did the LOSTKJ ORM mod and Elephant hose mod on the vehicle. Otherwise, all of it is stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back