Oil additive - Metal Lube????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any experience with lubricant additives that enhance the oil/lubricant capability to reduce friction and ware. I have seen a product called "Metal Lube" that has various versions for: engine lubricant, manual transmission fluid, automatic transmission fluid, etc. that seems to have some very good results. Has anyone had any experience with this product or heard anything regarding this product (good or bad)?

You indicated chlorinated parrifins which result in a corrosion problem was a problem of Metal Lube. How can Metal Lube claim on thier web site that they do not contain any chlorinted parrifins (see link below for their web site). This is frustrating! Are there any products out there that will protect an engine. I'm currently running Pennzoil 10-40 (recommended by the reputable high performance shop who rebuild my 4g63 6bolt (Mitsubishi) engine). They recommended also not to use synthetic! So . . . . . I was looking for something else to try to add a little more protection and help with cold starts (I live in the northeast). Appreciate your help!
R. Miller
http://www.metallube.de/shop/shop_content.php/language/en/coID/9/content/was-kann-metallube

You are right perhaps i misspoke since all thease type additives sound the same but Unless I see a sample in the lab or have a mSDS I can not say for sure what it is other than I have not seen any additives that work as in improvment to cost.
bruce

Doesn't miltec 1 claim no CPs, then in their MSDS list Hydrogen Chloride as a combustion byproduct ?

Metal Lube don't list MSDS'

you are correct there are Chlronated ESTERS, FATTY ACIDS, FATS, OLEPHINS and maybe some more. So they would be right in saying no Paraffins but they could use any of the others I mentioned a MSDS will show Hydrogen Chloride as a combustion byproduct unless thay lie that is a dead give away of chlor something.
bruce

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Doesn't miltec 1 claim no CPs, then in their MSDS list Hydrogen Chloride as a combustion byproduct ?

According to a lube engineer that produces a competing product, Militec is a chlorinated alpha-olefin.

If you want more protection or help with cold starts, simply use a full synthetic oil. If you already are, then don't worry about it.

If you can't help but worry, invest in oil and/or coolant heaters......no more cold starts.

Any shop that recommends against synthetics has issues.
Since you're using 10w40, Mobil1, Amsoil, Redline, Castrol, Royalpurple..... make full synthetics in that weight. They should easily outpour and outpump any mineral 10w40. And, in the winter a 0w40 or 5w40 owuld be an easy choice too.

With a quality full synthetic oil, NO ADDITVES ARE NEEDED.

Bruce381, you mentioned previously that you could not really tell "unless you saw a sample in a lab" whether or not MetalLube can perform the way they say it does. First off, they say that one only needs to use their product once every 60,000 miles for a non-high performance application, that when you change the oil, the active ingrediants that render their product so effective remains funtional in the motor. I believe their literature indicates that the active ingrediant adheres to the metal surfaces that experience the most friction. Could you tell from the type of test that you could perform if that were true and/or if this product results in any short trm or long term harmful effects? How would I or MetalLube have this product tested. How much of the substance would be needed?

""'type additives sound the same but Unless I see a sample in the lab or have a mSDS I can not say for sure ""

all I said is I would need to see a MSDS sheet or a sample to verify if chlorinated or not NEVER said anything about performance. read up on chlor additives t has been covered before.

bruce

Sorry to be so elementary with this stuff. Just trying to get a handle on this. I've written this company (MetalLube) twice asking if they had any independent lab test, no answer! Hmmmmmm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back