Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Looks like we should have kept some TMA back. I didn't have any faith in TMA for the short term. I can't complain though, I made good money on TMA.
thumbsup2.gif
12.gif

Yeah TMA up nearly $1 this AM (0.59 now). Dang.

Shorts are holding up nicely as are all my new stocks that are really bonds.

32.gif
My 401K catch up provision kicked in this year (I'll be 50 this year!) - they (the Catberts) told me the funds would be in separate accounts. I asked "Why?" (always be careful with that word and HR). She told me "because". I said "OK" (and thought to myself "How stupid is that?" ) So anyways it IS separate on the paystub ($15.5K in one pile, $5K in another - which I can see why the HR person said that - because that is all they see, but doesn't know investments...) But in my account, it's all together with my regular 401K. Sweet.
happy2.gif
Which means faster 25% of monies funneling to the Brokeragelink account.

Good move IMO. Save everything you can. Doesn't matter who gets the pres. Bushe tax cuts will be allowed to expire, you can be sure of that.

Does your wife work? If not, get her some sort of job so she can have her own IRA.

Bought a little NRO on the dip this morning.

Does your wife work? If not, get her some sort of job so she can have her own IRA.

Wife only subs very part time. No 401K, just some cash so we can survive. Barely.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Wife only subs very part time. No 401K, just some cash so we can survive. Barely.

Actually, she doesn't have to work to have an IRA and as long as you are married, you can fund her IRA with your earnings. Anyway, I expect you already know that.
33.gif

Careful bears,

We could reverse very soon since this should be a wave 4 since my low call in mid-late Jan. However, if you're looking out a couple months shorts should be fine if I got the options read right.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
TMA

Ya, I know. OTOH: if cmhj is right, it'll come back to us.

I would like to have some TMA when the financial markets settle down. Maybe later this year.

I sold some real estate and need to park cash until the next investment opportunity comes along.

I thought I'd buy some CD's to cover the capital gains installments when they come due, but is there anything better than a money market account to park cash, bearing in mind I might need to access the money PDQ if a deal comes along?

The rates seem pitiful right now.

Today might be a good day not to watch....
crazy2.gif

OK I'm back. I bought some EFT. It's plummeted and seems juicy. I could be wrong but the yield near 10% is like a magnet to me. Can it go lower? Heck why not!!!???

Originally Posted By: Win

I thought I'd buy some CD's to cover the capital gains installments when they come due, but is there anything better than a money market account to park cash, bearing in mind I might need to access the money PDQ if a deal comes along?

The rates seem pitiful right now.

Good money markets are now in the 4.5-4.8% range. CD's for how long(?), to get barely 5% don't seem worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back