MMO oil additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever seen this before? I dont mean using the MMO as an additive, I mean the separate MMO oil treatment. They had some at BigLots next to some MMO "Quick Shots" 6oz bottle packs which I picked up because I liked the 6oz size bottle.

It's their main product.
Big Lots, unless I miss my guess, has some older bottles with labels that don't conform to EPA spec. Wal-mart was cleaned out for a while a couple of years ago when the label change came through.
Most here that use it put it in the gas tank as a gentle cleaner and upper cylinder lube.
I may work in the oil as a 'flush' type of treatment.
Not sure adding it as a replacement for a quart of oil though.
It would thin the oil some.

No no, this isnt the normal the gas tank, cylinder lube and air tool oil. It was much thicker and gave specific oil additive instructions.

Well, the MMO website does mention an MMO-branded oil stabilizer product, so that's likely what you saw. I've never seen it myself.

Originally Posted By: 55
Well, the MMO website does mention an MMO-branded oil stabilizer product, so that's likely what you saw. I've never seen it myself.

I just checked the site and saw nothing about an oil stabilizer product, besides the instructions for adding the regular MMO to oil.

Here's a "One Shot" ..but it's a fuel treatment (which regular MMO is too
54.gif
)

pd_mar_oneshotfueltreat.jpg

Right, the One Shot I had never seen before and since the price was right ($2 after my 20% off) I grabbed a thing of 4 to use and then re-use the bottles from a gallon of MMO. Though it might be cheaper by the ounce to just buy the small bottles. I wonder.

That being said I'll look for more info on the oil additive. Its thickness I'd say felt like a blend of oil stabilizer and regular MMO when I shook the bottle.

I also saw one bottle of this MMO additive at big lots,it was in a 32oz bottle similar to Lucas.I left it on the shelf because it was thick stuff,i got the impression it was in the same type as Lucas or STP additives.Now i wish i would have bought it if for nothing more than the novelty bottle.

I would think that if the product has made it to Bi Lots, then it is either been or being discontinued. Or perhaps it just didn't sell in the mainstream marketing channels.

The only product I have ever bought from Big Lots was Pickled Asparagus.

Nope wasnt oil stabilizer. I'll see if I can find anything else about it.

As mentioned before, there was a ton of MMO that had labels that did not conform to EPA guide lines. That could be the stuff that ended up at BigLots.

I could care less if a label didnt meet an EPA standard. I want to see more flashy attention grabbing labels actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back