So what did you think of the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it was low scoring that may have been the best Super Bowl I ever saw. I had a hard time deciding what team to support. I kind of wanted for the Patriots to have the greatest season ever that any team has ever had. And I usually support the AFC team. On the other hand that cheating deal by the Patriots against the Jets has troubled me all season and I like when the underdog wins.

During the actual game I found myself supporting the Giants. It is more fun to support one team or the other. And I kind of thought it was poetic justice for the Patriots to lose the Super Bowl after the Jets deal early in the season.

Of course now forever there will be people saying that the Patriots did not have a great season because they lost the Super Bowl. But the Patriots did have a great season.

And you really have to give the Giants credit. They beat two 13-3 teams in the play-offs and a 16-0 team in the Super Bowl. Has anybody ever done something like that in NFL history?

18-1! 18-1! I really didn't want to hear every sports network drool over the Patriots being undefeated for the next 30 years.

Belichick and Brady have enough SB rings. I like to see new coaches/players win it all.

What a game. It's awesome that it went down to the last minute, literally. Like they say, on any given Sunday anything can happen.

Last edited:
I was just talking about regular season play but you are right-the Patriots were 18-1. The Cowboys were 13-4. And the Packers were 14-4.

I actually wanted for the Packers to win over the Giants but the Giants deserved to win that game in Green Bay.

I only like the commercials. But can get them on the web w/o having to watch the whole game. I stopped watching overpayed sports players years ago.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
This year all the commercials were terrible.

I am glad the Giants won.
yeah, I don't have enough censored expletives to describe my contempt for Hyundai.

I think the Giants defense exposed Brady for what he really is, a slightly above average QB. He is one of the best when he has 8-10 seconds to scan the field and nobody within 10 feet of him.

Great game. One for the ages!!! Whenever any sports network has a special on the five greatest teams to never win it all the 2007 Patriots will be on that list. Its a sad night here in Mass. We are really spoiled here with our sports teams. I tip my hats off to the New York Giants who played one [censored] of a game.

That last Giants drive was a great show! That was the whole game. I was happy to see the Pat's run for the perfect season finally get stuffed. They played like they expected the Giants to roll over and play dead.

I agree with what you say a lot. I am a Denver Broncos fan and when the Broncos beat the Patriots they were able to put a lot of pressure on Brady. I do think Brady is a great quarterback but I also think that there are better quarterbacks in pro football like Peyton Manning.

And I was checking a few websites tonight to see about commentary about the game and apparently it is possible that the cheating allegations against the Patriots might get worse. Apparently there is a possibility about cheating by the Patriots before the 2001 Super Bowl between the Patriots and the Rams.

Like I said above the cheating charges against the Patriots concerning the Jets has been troubling me all season. Clearly the Patriots had a great team this year. I don't even understand why they would cheat against the Jets who hardly had a great team this year. I am totally against cheating but if somebody is going to cheat it seems like they would do so against the Cowboys or the Colts.

If this cheating stuff concerning the Patriots gets any worse then I am VERY VERY glad the Patriots lost the Super Bowl to the Giants. I don't care for cheaters.

I really liked the game. It's one of the best I've seen in a long time. I myself was rooting for the Giants only because they were a wildcard team.

And I agree, the commercials for the most part were not that great.

Jared

I think this was one of the best Superbowls ever because it was SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL for 60 minutes. The Giants just outworked the Patriots at the line of scrimmage, and that was all the difference. I love knowing that all over the world people watched a real example of American Football the way it is supposed to be played!

It's amazing how differently Brady played with pressure on him. Constrast that to Eli Manning who really stepped up and refused to be rattled by an interception and a couple of mistakes in the pocket.

It was a really good one. I dont really remember any commercials that were standouts, but I remember a game that was worth watching. The excitement of that last Giants drive for me was the best Ive had from a football game since I was actually on the field.

I grew up one town over from Giants Stadium. I grew up with Giants mania everywhere. Looking for something different, I somehow became an Eagles fan... but Im glad that the Giants won.

JMH

Originally Posted By: wantin150
Had the Patriots won, the cheating allegations would have always overshadowed the win.

For sure. I even thought the sideline call/review of the 12 players on the field was a tad C.S. (yes it was a good call, but I'm glad the Pats didn't hold the lead and win because of a "non-playing" single call)

Brady's QB skills were good, when the offensive line gave him some time. The Giants, Chargers, and Jaguars had their number this season...the key was to get at Brady before he gets to you by pummeling the Pats offensive line. It has almost worked 3x this season, last night it did work.

I'm quite surprised the Pats offense didn't adjust by placing a running back in the backfield to be the relief-valve blocker for any blitzing linemen. That's the offensive coordinator's fault.

At least the Pats went 18-0...one better than the 72 Dolphins. I've had my fill of Czonka's crew for more than one lifetime.

Only good commercials....:

NFC, big guy with Oboe
Bud light, wheel and nerd dudes

Weird: Dude with battery cables on nipples

Most of the rest were just pedestrian

Well OK the Victoria's Secret girl was hot, but well.....

I couldn't believe how Belichick with 1 sec on the clock headed for the tunnel and locker room before the game was over. He wouldn't even wait until the game was over and to cross the field and shake the hand of the Giants head coach. That man has no class and showed it last night after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back