Please help me find cheap gas station along I-95 S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going from Fairfax, VA to Miami, FL taking I-95 S all the way. I need help finding cheap gas station along the I-95 route to fill up.

My plan is to pump as I reach Richmond to give me a full tank and pump again when I reach before I leave VA. Not sure where to find cheap gas toward the bottom of VA as I never drove there along the I-95 S. As I am looking up various places in NC, the price is quite high and SC seems to have good price, so I plan to skip NC and pump when I reach SC and pump again before I leave SC.

Not sure about Georgia and FL's is price so I plan to pump in Georgia if I can find anything under 3 bucks. Not sure how long is the stretch of Florida so I figure I got to pump somewhere in between on my trip back to have enough gas to get into Georgia. Then fill up during SC and top off before leaving SC. I have no worry about NC as it is a short drive pass.

Car is 2002 Honda Accord V6. Gas mileage is about 28 mpg straight highway coasting with 17.2 gallons tank. The E warning does come at 14 gallons mark, which gives me at least 60 miles of milking it.

Thank you gang.

I am running Mobil 1 5W20 all the way.

I know that site. It doesn't do a trip planner with cheap gas station along the route. Using it requires me to drive off the route, which defeats the gas saving purpose and wastes time as well. I am looking at 17 hrs trip non-stop. Add rest, that would be 22 hours.

Thanks though.

Look for RaceTrack gas stations as they tend to have the cheapest gas along I-95.

Driving on I-95 through Florida (especially Palm Beach and Broward counties) is not fun since there is lots of construction going on.

BTW, there is a severe shortage of FL State Troopers patroling the roads so when you cross into FL from GA.....you might just shave 2 hours off your drive.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Look for RaceTrack gas stations as they tend to have the cheapest gas along I-95.

Driving on I-95 through Florida (especially Palm Beach and Broward counties) is not fun since there is lots of construction going on.

BTW, there is a severe shortage of FL State Troopers patroling the roads so when you cross into FL from GA.....you might just shave 2 hours off your drive.
LOL! I`m in north jacksonville trust me, the state pigs are there.

If you leave Fairfax with a full tank of gas you should be able to make it beyond Richmond without stopping for fuel. Look for Emporia, Va. (Exit 17 approx.) if you intend to purchase in Va.
As an earlier poster stated look for Raceway, Pilot,(all on I-95) Sheetz, WaWa, & Love's gas in Va also. There will be plenty of roadside billboards with fuel prices posted along your route. Plan on refueling at major interchanges along 95. The major interchanges will host several gas stations with competitive pricing. Avoid a situation where you need a fill up and only one gas station is at the exit.
You should expect not too much difference in fuel prices until you hit Florida. Be sure to fill up in Ga. before you enter Fla. Exit 4 (St. Mary's) in Ga. is a major interchange with several stations to pick from.
Good Luck.

Race Trac @ I-95 and State Route 10 is $2.77. It's about 15 minutes South of downtown Richmond. The station is about 1/4 east of I-95.

I just talked to a buddy of mine who lives in Emporia VA. The cheapest there this morning is $2.80. It's at a Slip In that is East of I-95 on Main St. which is Route 301. Get off on 58 East and then take the first exit after the stop light. The stations right on the Interstate are about 8-10 cents more expensive. Once you pass the Petersburg area, it's rural and no place worth stopping till you hit Emporia.

Last edited:
Sometimes the cheapest gas on a trip turns out to be very expensive. I learned the hard & expensive way when I got a load of water with rust. I now buy from a major chain whenever I'm away on a trip. JME. Ed

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

Drove from Myrtle beach to Daytona last spring. Somewhere between SC and Ga we were going 100 mph and traffic was passing us by because my G/f's stupid Ford Escape has a 100 mph speed governor. Should have taken the CR-V...

Couple of years ago, coming back from Detroit through Ontario were were doing 100 mph in the Civic Si, and people were passing us. At one point we were going 120 mph just to keep up with traffic.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back