Is GC back on AZ shelves nationwide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

It seems that at the local AZ, GC is back with a shelf spot all its own. Supply is no problem according to the manager.

Thye same happened here in Las Vegas, the store i normally bought it from, had it suddenly disappear, manager told me he couldnt order it. Magically reappeared about two months ago, manager had no explanation...

darrell
sin city

Same here. A few weeks ago it was the only product I could see that was stocked all the way to the back of the rack.

I'm glad at least some customers recognize a good oil when they see it.

Well, my AZ carried it, then they didn't, then they did, and then about 2 weeks ago, the GC spot on the shelf was gone again....hoping all this is because my neighborhood AZ is a more or less micro store.

Is the new GC as good as the old GC? Were there any revisions to it while it was on hiatus?

Typical Characteristics
________________________________________________________________________________

Test Methods Units Value:
________________________________________________________________________________

SAE 0W-30

Test Method(s) Unit Typical
Relative Density 15°C ASTM D12985 0.8385
Appearance Visual Clear & Bright
Viscosity 100°C ASTM D445 mm²/s 12.2
CCS -35°C ASTM D5293 cP 5800
Viscosity 40°C ASTM D445 mm²/s 72
Viscosity Index ASTM D2270 None 167
Pour Point ASTM D5985 °C -54
Flash Point PMCC ASTM D93 °C 212
Total Base Number ASTM D2896 mg KOH/g 10.3
Ash, Sulphated ASTM D874 % wt 1.0

I had been looking for months, and it was back on the shelves today at AZ where I live in CT. I grabbed 10 quarts, which was about all they had left.

They also had a 5w40 that was said "European Formula, now blended in the US", and it was not "energy conserving". I assume that's also good stuff?

I grabbed 10 qts of the 0w30 yesterday at the AZ near my house in MA. Left 2 on the shelf. Hopefully these quick sales will convince AZ to continue stocking the good stuff.

Since seeing this thread today I went to the two that are close to me and got 4 cases all marked M07 made in Germany. The sale only works with the Mobil one oil filter, how good is this filter anyway?

Originally Posted By: rlme36
Since seeing this thread today I went to the two that are close to me and got 4 cases all marked M07 made in Germany. The sale only works with the Mobil one oil filter, how good is this filter anyway?

Mobil1 filter is top notch in my book. Been using them for years and years.

Excellent, but a little pricey. There are others that are just as good for less money.

I was in an AZ in my area today, and there it was !! The GC was there. I'm thinking I should go back and get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back