Is Valvoline Fuel System Cleaner a Ripoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up the MSDS for both Synpower and Maxlife Fuel System Cleaner, they are listing 90%-100% is Kerosene, 5%-10% is fuel additive... Is is a complete ripoff? Or should I better go to Menards and buy a gallon of Kerosene to pour in gas tank...?

It's like asking if a can of Coke is a rip off...you're not paying for the water, you are paying for that little bit of additive that is in the water.

Keorsene's main function is a carrier of the additives.

2nd what biomed has said.

Depends on what you want/how you perceive it, most of the things you can be defined as "ripoffs" anyways.

So, why drive? It's a ripoff to begin with (walking with your own 2 legs impose the least of all the ripoffs by far)

LOL!

Q-TD

and BTW: dare you try adding a gallon of kero into your gasoline and drive. Don't phone/call back if your engine fails afterwards thou...

Hey... you guys know what I mean... compare to Gumout Regune which has 30-40% PEA, or Techron. Valvoline seems not worth $8-9 retail price...

Last edited:
yes, I know what you mean Kitto.

What I'm trying to say is that you simply cannot judge the outcome/performance predictions based on their MSDS sheet contents w/o a full laboratory test/field tests in controlled, repeated manner.

I would let this product sitting in BITOG for the next little while and someone will definitely come pick it up, use it with UOA/VOA test results, or guys like molakule or similar may dive in and test it's effectiveness.

So why fuzz over the high kero content in the bottle from a newly released product, when you can get good ones from Gumout Regaine to Chevron Techron concentrate?

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back