Recommendation for Open Road Racer

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fellow Pantera owner wonders if the additional expense of synthetic oil makes sense for this use:

This is what he wrote:

"Cleveland 381ci stroker with SVO 302B heads, 11:1 compression, roller everything blue printed race engine

The Silver State Open Road Race (ORR) is 90 Miles long, mostly WOT straights with some high speed sweeper turns, some blind hills, elevation changes and a small section of twisties in what is called the Canyon or Narrows...course runs on H-318 from City of Lund at approx. 6,000 and runs down to finish line at 2500 feet in City of Hiko. Running time is approximately 35 mintues for a 150 Average. I am running between 5000 and 5800 (180 mph) most of the way. And I do run race gas when I run."

He has a huge radiator and heat exchanger, so he NEVER sees over 210F oil temp or 200F water temp. The oiling system takes about 13 qts, and he changes it before and after the run. Between ORR events the car is street-driven.

Any opinions as to whether synthetic oil offers any real advantage for this use?

Any opinions as to what oil he should use and why?

Thank you,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back