Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the likelyhood of a 2 quarter recession is pretty great now and the market's tumble over the last several months has indicated it. In the coming months, it may be time to go in big as the market may start rebounding in the later part of 08. ie current economic conditions lag the market.

Or, I could be wrong.

If you are never wrong and you play the market, you are either a liar or don't play the market.
LOL.gif
(borrowed from some lousy movie sayings, I think)

Here's a pretty fun Stock BB I just joined:

http://stockmarketcats.com/index.php

That was a strange day. My inverse financial index ETF wouldn't hedge for me today.. The market was rattled by credit issues and yet the financial index did well?? Must be either Cramer's comments about financial stocks bottoming out or the Countrywide bailout euphoria. And speaking of Countrywide, it's begun....the quasi-government bailouts of financial firms, disguised as a merger. No regulators said it directly but they weren't denying either and some had no comment. Perhaps it is time to get into financial stocks now to catch some of that taxpayer money that is forthcoming.

Quote:
Perhaps it is time to get into financial stocks now to catch some of that taxpayer money that is forthcoming.

Yes, avoided losses can surely be a benefit. Gosh, don't you thirst for the good old days. You know, when Ronnie rang the dinner bell and said, "Come'n gittit BOYZ!! COME-N-GITT-IT! Git yourself a heapin' helpin' ".

I keep seeing Robert Duvall as Lt.Col. Bill Kilgore. "You know, someday this war (blood letting) is going to end
frown.gif
".
LOL.gif

Anyone have any thoughts about whether the market will be bidding financial/mortgage stocks up on Monday? Or was Friday just a wave of Countrywide euphoria?

Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
Anyone have any thoughts about whether the market will be bidding financial/mortgage stocks up on Monday? Or was Friday just a wave of Countrywide euphoria?

I keep thinking there is a little more down action....but frankly the market still craves good news. WAMU (WM) was even up nicely. When home prices flatten out and every one mellows down a notch, then it's time to move back in. Or too late.

Originally Posted By: VeeDubb

Well, considering how well I did last year, I certainly can't give any advice. I have to agree with Pablo. It's going to be at least a year, more likely 2 before the housing market settles down. Until then, the financials are going to be a kerap shoot.

On another note, My wifes 401K finished up 3.3%. It was up over 7% until the 4th. qtr. Her IRA at the local credit union paid a steady 5.13%, every month. I should have kept my IRA at the CU.
spankme2.gif

Centerplate is a good company. They are heavily influenced by the sportscomplex rumormill and some selling by the big boys to raise cash. I think it's a bargain right now.

Today I'm kicking rumpus, but what's up with TMA? Started strong....maybe just quick profit takers......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back