Shell Dino PCMO and Havoline OFs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get SM rated Formula Shell motor oil (5w-30, 10w-30, etc)at the discount store for $1.50 a quart. They also have Havoline brand oil filters for $2.00 each. What are your opinions on the dino shell and Havoline oil filters? Good or bad? I have never personally used or known anyone that used either. Thanks for the input.

I think the SM rated Shell oil/ Havoline filter combo will serve you well for reasonable OCI's of about 5 or 6K max. This is at least as good as what you would get at most Quickie OC shops. I'd go for it at those prices.

I'm a Formula Shell fan. It's my favorite dino along with Havoline. Probably one of the most underated dinos and is usually nicely priced to boot. I'm using this oil currently as break in oil for the 1st couple of oci's. IIRC Terry Dyson once refered to Formula Shell as "a sleeper".

Sorry, don't know about the Havoline filters. I thought they used to be made by Fram, but I'm not sure.

I agree.......I would always perfer to run a synthetic over a dino. I just thought it may have been a good deal to pick some up for doing ARX or MMO treatments from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back