OK to use fule additive during ARX rinse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started the ARX rinse phase. Yesterday, without thinking first, I added a smidge of synthetic 2 stroke racing oil to my gas at fill up. I immediately realized I may have goofed. Too late now though.

Will this hinder the ARX rinse process?

I doubt it. It might do something to a UOA if it shocked some combustion chamber deposits into the blow-by
54.gif
21.gif

Thanks Gary. The stuff I use is Pro-Honda HP2 synthetic Racing Oil, and apparently it is a GRP III not GRP IV like Amsoil. So since it isn't polarized it wont interfere then right?

I am feeling a tad insecure about it still. Can ya tell?
wink.gif

I dont think it matters what the base oil is since you put it in your fuel. *shrugs*

Quote:
apparently it is a GRP III not GRP IV like Amsoil. So since it isn't polarized

Just to let you know, Grp III and IV oils have very little polarity.

Quote:
I trust your opinion.

Well, thanks for that, but on this I don't know much. Several people here have used it and their car didn't blow up so I guess it won't hurt much. Don't know if it helps much either.

I'm liking FP3000 (now called FP+) which is specifically designed for car use. Terry Dyson seemed to like the product before he left the board as well.

It'll cost you about $50 per gallon shipped, but lasts a long time due to low dose requirements. I use 2 stroke oil often when filling up the gas tank and am thinking that whatever type you use will not affect your ARX process since so little of it will actually get into the crankcase. I have been using 8 oz of some old Amsoil injector oil that I had from years ago for a 16 gallon tank of gas in my 90 Ford Ranger. It seems to run really smooth on this stuff. The bottles were so old that the plastic had cracked and oil was starting to leak from nearly every bottle. I think that this old stuff may have a significant amount of esters in the mix. How is yours running on the Honda oil and how much did you use?

I put about 2 ounces in, and I put 25 gallons on it. It makes my 3.0 run very nice. My boost/vac gage shows a slight increase in vac, at idle in gear, and so it definitely helps rings seal. It revs up slightly faster on it too.

I think that works out to an 800:1 ratio. Just a teeny tiny bit makes a diff though. I only use it once in while. But I may start doing it every tankful now, since no one said, OH NO! WATCH OUT!, or anything.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Oilgal
I put about 2 ounces in, and I put 25 gallons on it. It makes my 3.0 run very nice. My boost/vac gage shows a slight increase in vac, at idle in gear, and so it definitely helps rings seal. It revs up slightly faster on it too.

I think that works out to an 800:1 ratio. Just a teeny tiny bit makes a diff though. I only use it once in while. But I may start doing it every tankful now, since no one said, OH NO! WATCH OUT!, or anything.
LOL.gif

I run about the same 2oz oil to 20 gallons of fuel and have noticed a smoother idle. I dont have a vacuum guage.

You too then Loobed? The other good thing is, I doubt this stuff will contribute to increased wear, as UOAs seems to indicate solvent UCLs may.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back