Texico now with TECHRON

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you guys think about it? i know in my area chevron only had it and those were very few and far between but now Texaco gas stations have Techron in their fuels.. good or bad?? would it show in oil UOA's?? do more harm than good? what do you guys think?

does it add negative affects to uoa's if used as your primary fuel?? i know its not enough to clean per se' probably just enough to keep the gunk at bay correct???

Admitted a "corner case" and not applicable to 99.9% of automobiles, but my '63 Supercharged Avanti does well only with
Top Tier Premium with Techron. When I finish putting the drive train back together, I will play some tuning games to see if I can use cheaper fuel.
cheers!

Originally Posted By: mikeg5
does it add negative affects to uoa's if used as your primary fuel?? i know its not enough to clean per se' probably just enough to keep the gunk at bay correct???

I have an 02 Tundra and I have used Chevron exclusively since the first tank of gas. Never had a problem.

For those of you that have not looked at the website 63Avanti has in his signature, I suggest you do so. What a neat car they were.

And, the Techron is just fine.

I was advised by Blackstone to discontinue the use of fuel additives (Techron concentrate and Chevron Supreme in my case) in two of my vehicles in an attempt to lower Pb wear rates. Terry Dyson also recommends to use Shell V-Power only. I really don't want to offer a cause and effect anecdote, but I will say that PB wear rates have dropped in half on my UOA's since discontinueing Techron useage in all forms.
The two vehicles that I am concerned about have been reported to have 1.29% and 1.46% fuel dilution. My other vehicle I own, that has no fuel dilution issues, has shown no adverse effect from using Chevron Supreme or Techron concentrate.
Being the total amateur that I am, I'm going to suggest that if you have fuel dilution issues (as identified by Dyson Analysis) that may be causing abnormal bearing wear indicators, then Techron may not be for you.

Originally Posted By: INDYMAC
I was advised by Blackstone to discontinue the use of fuel additives (Techron concentrate and Chevron Supreme in my case) in two of my vehicles in an attempt to lower Pb wear rates. Terry Dyson also recommends to use Shell V-Power only. I really don't want to offer a cause and effect anecdote, but I will say that PB wear rates have dropped in half on my UOA's since discontinueing Techron useage in all forms.
The two vehicles that I am concerned about have been reported to have 1.29% and 1.46% fuel dilution.

V-Power fuel, V-Power injector cleaner, or both

Originally Posted By: Loobed
The two vehicles that I am concerned about have been reported to have 1.29% and 1.46% fuel dilution.

I think he was referring to gasoline only. He did not see any adverse effect from using MMO as a fuel additive in my most recent UOA. That was unexpected good news for me, because MMO seems to be doing a great job of quieting my fuel injectors in the 2000 Tundra V-8.

I think he was referring to gasoline only. He did not see any adverse effect from using MMO as a fuel additive in my most recent UOA. That was unexpected good news for me, because MMO seems to be doing a great job of quieting my fuel injectors in the 2000 Tundra V-8.

Thats good to know
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Loobed

I havr noticed the same in my 02 Tundra 3.4 V6 when using MMO. Good stuff.

Originally Posted By: BGK
Texaco is owned by Chevron; nothing wrong with Techron.

As long as it has Techron in the gasoline it'll do wonders for the engine and gas system. Texaco is a good gas too compared to Chevron. Besides isn't Texaco the number 1 gas used by Motor Trend???? I think so.

Durango

Originally Posted By: Durango
Originally Posted By: BGK
Texaco is owned by Chevron; nothing wrong with Techron.

As long as it has Techron in the gasoline it'll do wonders for the engine and gas system. Texaco is a good gas too compared to Chevron. Besides isn't Texaco the number 1 gas used by Motor Trend???? I think so.

Durango

From the techron website.......

"For nearly 50 years, ChevronTexaco has focused on providing fuels that minimize deposits on vital engine parts," said Danny Roden, ChevronTexaco vice president for North America marketing. "While Chevron with Techron helps keep critical engine parts clean, it even helps clean- up deposits left by gasolines with lower-quality additive packages."

Some fuels with lower-quality additive packages can build up deposits on fuel injectors and on intake valves. Others can build up deposits in combustion chambers and may lead to intake valve sticking. These problems can have negative impacts on engine performance and vehicle responsiveness.

The Big Three U.S. automakers prefer to use high-performing gasolines in their test vehicles. For example, these automakers have been using Chevron gasolines to help them demonstrate compliance with the U.S. EPA's stringent 50,000-mile, and now 100,000- mile, emissions system durability requirements for the past 30 years."

Also, read what Car and Driver Mag has to say........

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=27&article_id=9752&page_number=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back