NEW GC 2007 vs post green pre 07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there significant difference with the current 2007 GC on the shelf compared to those post green and pre 2007(or earlier) ??

I see on the shelf there are plenty of Syntec 0W-30 and i was wondering are they as good as the older GCs?

All indications seem to be that if it's from Germany, it's more or less as good as the Green. I doubt we'll see the interest (and $$$) necessary to keep doing the advanced tests that were done on the Green though.
LOL.gif

- Scott

I asked the same question in the sticky thread but nobody seemed interested. My guess is yes, it's comparable to the green. I did a UOA on some M07xxx after a 7300 mile run in an '01 Volvo 2.3L turbo and the cSt100 came back 11.97 despite record 100°+F temps for weeks straight and 1% fuel dilution.

GC doesn't seem to be all that special anymore. Still very good however. After reading about the independent deposit tests, and how even Mobil 5000 produces less deposits than Syntec, I'm not sure what Castrol product is worth using?? GTX seems to be their best oil, reputation wise.

The Syntec 5w-40 is Porsche approved. If you read their test procedures, there can be no visible signs of deposits left behind. Also, Mori's Audi looked very clean using the 5w-50 on 10k intervals.

Originally Posted By: buster
GC doesn't seem to be all that special anymore. Still very good however. After reading about the independent deposit tests, and how even Mobil 5000 produces less deposits than Syntec, I'm not sure what Castrol product is worth using?? GTX seems to be their best oil, reputation wise.

The chances that the 0W30 GC was used in comparison to Mobil 1 are slim and none. Usually, both Castrol and M1 like to use the most common oil which is 5W30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back