1979 Citroen Dyane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that got garbled and I didn't have a chance to edit it:

The Mehari is the orange beast to your left. You could see those well into the '90s when visiting tourist resorts along the Adriatic. The grey Safari 2CV is near the middle, the two cars to the right of it are both Ami 6. In the background you can see three DS and one Traction Avant (FWD) behind two 2CV box vans. Citroens are awesome, although they have probably caused many of their owners to go cackling mad.

That is interesting, my favorite Charleston is the Grey/Grey

Here's a RHD one that I had for a short while last summer

Looks good!

Just saw that SM in your album. Too bad they didn't allow the original headlights and headlight cover in the US.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Forward to 1 minute 17 seconds into this clip from FYEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvJp1X3qiog

I'm a big Citroen fan. All those models are 1/87 scale:

citroen_HO.jpg

Note the Mehari (on 2CV "Jeep" on 2CV platform), the Safari 2CV (4WD, dual tanks!) and the Ami 6. The 2CV box van on the rock has a Castrol logo (Agricastrol) on it.

If anybody wants to give me a Christmas present, I still need a 2CV Charlston, ideally in the burgundy and black dual color scheme.
48.gif

I saw a Charleston about a year ago in burgundy and black going down the freeway through Auburn California. I looked like it had just rolled out of the showroom.

Ben,

Take a look at either the December or November issue of Popular Mechanics magazine. One of those issues (November?) has an interesting article by Jay Leno (who has a monthly column in that interesting mag) on Citroens, specifically, the Dyane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back