Adding FI Cleaner to 4-month Old Gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be taking my Eclipse out of storage in a few days (hooray!) and I'm eager to do a fuel system cleaning before I put it on the dyno...would adding a bottle of Techron to a tankful of the 4-month old fuel compromise its cleaning abilities? I just want to maximize the benefit of this pricey additive and I was hoping old gas wouldn't compromise its effectiveness.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!!

I've started and ran engines with 7 year old gas. I had to add alcohol to it to neutralize the water ..but ..
21.gif

Others may have other opinions ..but I don't see a down side to putting a fuel system cleaner in a tank of old(er) gas. If anything (of whatever ill effect there may be) it's exactly when you would want to use it.

..but..(I can't help myself ..sorry ..really..shoot me, please - runs off screaming) if one is spending the large coin for dyno time ...does a $10 bottle of stuff really impact the gaping hole lightening your wallet?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I've started and ran engines with 7 year old gas. I had to add alcohol to it to neutralize the water ..but ..
21.gif

Others may have other opinions ..but I don't see a down side to putting a fuel system cleaner in a tank of old(er) gas. If anything (of whatever ill effect there may be) it's exactly when you would want to use it.

..but..(I can't help myself ..sorry ..really..shoot me, please - runs off screaming) if one is spending the large coin for dyno time ...does a $10 bottle of stuff really impact the gaping hole lightening your wallet?

Thanks for the insight...I can dyno with air/fuel ratio readings for only $70...not too bad :) I'm a frugal college student who shops around for the best deal on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back