Eneos dyno testing video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
"5 weight 40 oil.." lol..

That is odd...he seemed to jump from "weight" to "w".
LOL.gif

So why Castrol and not M1? It would be more real if they did a "boutique" to "boutique" comparison.

And certainly better if they did it double blind (oil pourer and dyno/engine operator), repeated in different order, etc.

But hey they prefilled the filter!

The "leading synthetic" bottle that was covered with the shop rag looked like an M1 bottle. It was silver with a wide mouth.

The "leading conventional" bottle was black. Wonder what that was?

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
The "leading synthetic" bottle that was covered with the shop rag looked like an M1 bottle. It was silver with a wide mouth.

Yeah you might be right.....

Black bottle....hmmmm....Pennzoil!
LOL.gif
JUST KIDDING (guys it's not yellow...I know....)

Originally Posted By: BennyL
looks like nice oil. probably expensive though. anywhere to buy it?

Use Google.
thumbsup2.gif

Probably M1 5w-40. 11hp increase with Eneos 5w-40. I guess it's possible. I'm usually a huge skeptic of these tests, but you never know.

Many brands claim Hp increases, Royal Purple especially. The only other valid test I've seen comparing oils on the Dyno was done by Joe Gibbs Racing. That test compared RP, M1, Redline and JGR oil in a Busch Nascar engine. Redline often claims hp increases yet with their very high shear stability, produced less hp in their testing.

Supposedly Toyota brand 0w-20 is made by Eneos. I should give it a shot. My car could use a few extra hp.

I'd like to know the HT/HS of all the oils tested and UOA after each dino run.

Oh the leading conventional was probably Castrol Syntec
grin2.gif

I remember reading that the Dodge Super Touring car program tested nearly every oil available to them in order to see if there was a horsepower advantage and Valvoline racing oil was the only one that made a performance difference exceeding the percent error of the dynamometer.

This was around 1996, however.

Originally Posted By: Max_Wander

Oh the leading conventional was probably Castrol Syntec
grin2.gif

Hahahahaha. GOOD ONE! *high five*

This is a commercial masquerading as a test.

I would like to see them run the test backwards, start with the one they show and reverse the sequence of oils. They HP should go down with each one, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back