Long time FP60 user........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ran out and noticed the new FP Plus. Is it that much better then FP60? If so I'm going to buy some to try. I really like FP60 and believe in it. So how has Fp Plus been proving itself? Thanks!

Chris,

I don't really know about the difference - other than what is published - but I did notice that the FP Plus is thinner than the FP60 and the ratio is 1 oz to 10 gallons, so you use less.

It's new so it's got to be better!

I know nothing about chemistry, but I'm a little wary...

LCD claims FP Plus has improved UCL properties over FP60, yet the liquid is thinner and used in half the dose? If the Plus is a better cleaner and UCL than the older formula AND requires a lesser dose, does that mean its several times "stronger" than FP60? How can a less viscous fluid used in a smaller concentration be a better UCL than the older fluid? Am I incorrect to assume that a more viscous fluid = more injector/pump lubrication after dilution?

Someone who's more knowledgeable, please enlighten me. I would enjoy reading a Molekule paper of the new FP Plus, making comparisons to his dissertation on FP60.

Don't know for sure, but the additives in the FP Plus may be the primary difference between the two products and the improved upper cylinder lube. There is more to lubrication than viscosity.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Well it is less viscous than maple syrup; which one would you use as an UCL?

The thinner, of course. B~)

Another thing is operating temperature. So what if one is thicker or thinner at room temp...what matters is the viscosity at operating temps.

I think the flashpoint for FPPlus is much higher than FP60's was.

My CV is lovin the FPPlus apparently. It runs so smooth and gets slightly higher mileage than without it. I am now running a mix of 2 oz each of 60 and Plus per tank. I just mix em into a lucas bottle for easy dosing.

psudaytona wrote: "I am now running a mix of 2 oz each of 60 and Plus per tank. I just mix em into a lucas bottle for easy dosing."

If you don't mind me asking, how big is your tank, and are you using regular, midgrade, or premium? I'm looking for an easy 1 oz of 50-50 FP60/FP Plus per ____ gallons kind of metric to equal what you've experienced.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back